Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approved in principle - worried too much for no reason

Question Approved in principle - worried too much for no reason

Looking at other posts, I think I was just worried too much for no reason...
    Thank you everyone
    Last edited by milkyway; 1st December 2012 at 11:45 PM.

Everybody worries!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Everybody worries!

Thanks JandM.
    I got approved in principle and sent my passport...but I had a strange dream last night in which my passport came back with a letter saying it was declined for some extraordinary reasons. I know it's rare but I heard some people still got declined after approval in principle. That's why I feel not ready to celebrate just yet...

It's natural to be anxious, and I'll bet you'll still tell yourself of anything that could turn out wrongly, even when you have the passport in your hands. On the other hand... Who did you hear that from? In years of reading this forum I've never heard of such an occurrence. That's one reason why INZ have second-person checks.

Does it show AIP online? Or do you get letter?
    Because my online status says APPROVED.
    I never got AIP status.

I got an approval letter from immigration NZ a couple of days ago.

Maybe it was just a rumor but I heard about a man who got approved in principle at the same time his work permit expired.
    But he kept working and earned money after his work permit expired, thinking it was fine but technically it wasn't. And immigration caught him for that and cancelled his resident visa before it was stamped. I don't know if it's a true story. My work visa is still valid so this case wouldn't apply to me. I shouldn't be worried too much.

Hi hiren,

Mine has an APPROVED status online then i got a letter stating Approved In Principle. I think it's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hiren View Post
    Does it show AIP online? Or do you get letter?
    Because my online status says APPROVED.
    I never got AIP status.

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    I got an approval letter from immigration NZ a couple of days ago.

Maybe it was just a rumor but I heard about a man who got approved in principle at the same time his work permit expired.
    But he kept working and earned money after his work permit expired, thinking it was fine but technically it wasn't. And immigration caught him for that and cancelled his resident visa before it was stamped. I don't know if it's a true story. My work visa is still valid so this case wouldn't apply to me. I shouldn't be worried too much.
    My gut feel tells me that he didn't pay the fee

Anyway, many many congrats!

Yes, 'Approved in Principle' means that all your paperwork is in order to get a Residence visa, but you haven't got it yet, not till you pay the Migrant Levy and send in your passport for the sticker. The man in your example worked without a visa, if his previous one had run out. By doing that, he broke Immigration law, and that disqualified him. So if that's a true story, INZ wasn't just acting on a whim against a poor innocent applicant!

@milkyway We are all here together providing all possible support, so you do not have to worry about anything, just be a good person and take the legal right path towards getting your VISA and be legally resident in NZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast