Thread: 2nd yr working holiday visa, do I need $4200 for approval ??

Question 2nd yr working holiday visa, do I need $4200 for approval ??

I'm currently coming to the end of my 1st year working holiday visa in New Zealand and I'm about to apply for my 2nd.
    Is it true that I have to have $4200 in my bank account to be accepted ? I have a job a car and housing, also my medical is complete but I do not have the $4200 immigration says is required ? Do I just apply and hope for the best or will I be refused my 2nd year visa ?

Someone please give me some advice on this situation, I'd be very greatful, thanks

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

Immigration states you require $350/month minimum to meet living cost. I would assume that is the rule, to what extent it gets checked, I do not know.

You should also have a ticket out of the country, if you do not have one already or proof of funds that you can get one.

Please also note, your are only allowed to work for a total of 12 months only. Even when on a 23 month visa.

Hello and welcome.

You said you have job and living already.
    If you have credit card borrow money from it, you may have to pay interest on it but at least you can sort out this issue. I know it's not ideal