Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Australian Transit Visa Required if airline is coming through Australia and I have New Zealand Resident Visa

My parents are flying into Akld from UK via Melbourne later this week, will they need such a visa?

See if their transit meets the criteria here, or not. http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/transit/no-visa.htm

JandM is right.
    All depends on the "time on the ground"
    My mum came through Ozzie on her way to Auckland in December and didn't need the said visa as she was just "in transit" but when we were delayed there (obviously unforeseen) we were automatically issued a 1 year Ozzie visa by immigration at the airport.
    Not sure why they gave us all a 1 year visa as opposed to the usual one though!
    Last edited by Rob&Don; 13th January 2013 at 11:12 AM.

They have a 6 hour stop over so if on time will be within the 8 hours stated by Aus Immigration

Do i need need transit visa for Thailand because the stay required there would be about 8 hours long..it's Thai airline..

Check the link for requirements for your nationality, and verify EXACT time on the ground.

We were delayed coming to NZ on our visa and were offered a 1 year OZ visa too. It's the minimum they can stamp and was great that they arranged this for us considering our plane was delayed by half a day which we didn't want to spend in the airport. We were given a free taxi into the city centre and back too which was awesome. As my wife and I had lived in Sydney a few years ago we didn't want to do any sight seeing so bought lunch and a bottle of wine at Darling Harbour and watched the world go by

Hi, I want to travel from Singapore to New Zealand via Australia and come back to Singapore via Australia with in 6days. So basically I will be in Melbourne airport 2times, each Transit time < 8 hrs.
    But in Australia Transit visa form-876 mentioned, - "Your stay in Australia must be for no longer than 72 hours. Extensions of stay will not be granted." What is this mean.? Do I need to apply Transit visa 2 separate application.? Pls suggest if you have any idea. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rajasigo View Post
    Hi, I want to travel from Singapore to New Zealand via Australia and come back to Singapore via Australia with in 6days. So basically I will be in Melbourne airport 2times, each Transit time < 8 hrs.
    But in Australia Transit visa form-876 mentioned, - "Your stay in Australia must be for no longer than 72 hours. Extensions of stay will not be granted." What is this mean.? Do I need to apply Transit visa 2 separate application.? Pls suggest if you have any idea. Thanks.
    yes, you do require AU transit visa as mentioned in their website. Transit visa form-876 is not applicable for India Passport holders. I did travel last Sep via Sydney and I had to get the transit visa from VFS Australia.

Do we need a visa ( Indian passport) to pass through any Australian airport ? The stay will be less than an hour.
    Plan is to go to Auckland from Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    yes, you do require AU transit visa as mentioned in their website. Transit visa form-876 is not applicable for India Passport holders. I did travel last Sep via Sydney and I had to get the transit visa from VFS Australia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast