Thread: Did you submit all certified copies, or some originals and some certified copies?

Default Did you submit all certified copies, or some originals and some certified copies?

Finally going through the last leg of my partner residence visa application.. Just wondering if all of you copied and certified ALL the documents? Like correspondence addressed to you, witness letters etc... I was thinking of just handing in originals since those documents are of no use outside this application (I will copy and certify important stuff like my birth cert, obviously). But then I read the instructions to never send in originals... perhaps because they don't want to be responsible if they get lost?

However certified copies are preferred, originals can also be sent. If you read in your ITA it should say " certified or original copy of bio page of passport" or " certified or original copy of birth certi". I would recommend you send certified copies of important documents like passport, birth certi etc....and send original copies of recommendation letters, bank letters which are of less importance to you. So the answer to your question is YES you can send the documents in combination of originals and certified copies. Whatever may be, at the end of the day your originals get sent back to you. It would be wise to send a covering letter outlining the originals and certified copies included in your application.

Hi, I send in all certified copies for peace of mind.. My friend will send both certified and originals.. Good luck!

My only real fear is that immigration will lose my documents and not take responsibility for it so I don't have enough evidence to file a second application for a partner visa. Valid fear, you think?

I sent all certified true copies with my ITA pack. This was my checklist.

1. Application Form
    2. Application Fee: Bank draft
    3. Passport: Certified true copy
    4. Birth Certificate: Certified true copy
    5. Police Certificate: Original
    6. Medical Certificate: Original
    7. IELTS certificate: Certified true copy
    8. Pre-Assessment (PAR): Certified true copy
    9. International Qualification Assessment(IQA): Certified true copy
    10. Work Experience: 2 Sets of Certified copy(Appointment letter, Experience certificate, Release letter, Salary/Pay slips, Tax certificate)
    11. Photographs: 2 copy (Full Name and Date of pick up)
    12. National id card(Photocopy)