Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A qualification at level 7 is not Same as a Bachelor Degree?

Thumbs down A qualification at level 7 is not Same as a Bachelor Degree?

Hi everyone,
    My bonus points have been removed stating 'A qualification at Level 7' is not the Same as 'Bachelor Degree' in some ICT Degree. I'm confused- My certificate shows a Bachelor Degree awarded in BSc 'Computing and Information System' which is listed in LTSSL in that 'column' - 3/4 of INZ operation manual. NZQA assessed it as 'A qualification at Level 7' which I thought is their way to giving it a Level 7. Yet, after all these it's NOT? Mmm- what have I missed? Anybody?

Not particularly feeling any good about it , I'm writing to NZQA and waiting for a change. Do you think there'll be any response now, after 2-years?
    Last edited by zua76; 8th December 2012 at 12:51 AM.

NZQA's job is to state, if they can, a NZ qualification which the foreign one they are looking at closely compares with, for content, depth and time spent on the various aspects of the subject matter. Your assessment shows that they didn't think they could find at that time a close equivalent, although they could see it was at Level 7 for complexity.

Thanks JandM, you certainly see the direction here.
    It is understandable that so many Universities/degrees may not be possible to be assessed for a NZ equivalency, yet it's sort of frustrating to know about it after this much of waiting and what not.

I am still trying to get something-anything out of it.

i think i will have same problem

I am still trying to get something-anything out of it.
    Very understandable - all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by monmon_kng View Post
    i think i will have same problem
    I think you should do something about it now, instead of the waiting (mistakenly) like I did. Good luck.

I saw u have done your face to face interview but this issue was raised before ITA issued or not. because when we lodged eoi and selected they then asses whether or not bonus point given?
    I am confused how this happen to you after waiting 2 year?

Quote Originally Posted by russel_705 View Post
    I saw u have done your face to face interview but this issue was raised before ITA issued or not. because when we lodged eoi and selected they then asses whether or not bonus point given?
    I am confused how this happen to you after waiting 2 year?
    This confused me too. I am waiting for a reply from NZQA now, let see what they say about it.

Zua76- I am not clear and really confused with your problem. I can remember my case. When I applied for EOI either PAR/IQA was mandatory. I submitted PAR at that time. After selection of EOI, I got ITA mail in which I was instructed to submit final application within 4 months. A part of the mail ...

---------------------------
    You must also supply the following evidence to support the points you have claimed:

• Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of the International Qualifications Assessment report (IQA) by NZQA. Please note that the IQA is a full qualification assessment report and it is not the same as the Preliminary Assessment Result (PAR). For more information about IQA please visit below link,
    http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/

---------------------------

So I applied for IQA and obtained level 7 and lodged my application. I think any changes from INZ or NZQA can not reflect on the application which is already submitted.(Sorry if I am wrong). Now after your interview did you get any mail from Case officer or NZQA regarding the IQA outcome change? Or got these updates after visiting NZQA website?

Quote Originally Posted by nks_33 View Post
    So I applied for IQA and obtained level 7 and lodged my application. I think any changes from INZ or NZQA can not reflect on the application which is already submitted.(Sorry if I am wrong). Now after your interview did you get any mail from Case officer or NZQA regarding the IQA outcome change? Or got these updates after visiting NZQA website?
    I did, similar to what you did- PAR (NZQA not sure about it, asked for IQA) so I got IQA with Level 7, then submitted ITA, waited this long; after interview I got email from CO about this 'A qualification level 7' is not 'Bachelor degree'. I wrote to NZQA now, waiting for a response.
    Last edited by zua76; 8th December 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast