Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS lost our passports

Thumbs down UPS lost our passports

Hi everyone,
    In a nutshell - see subj. I sent mine and my wife's passports to London for blue sticker endorsement by UPS on Monday (Dec 3). Since Tuesday site kept telling me that envelope is "in London out for delivery will be delivered by end of date". And next 3 days nothing happened - just estimated delivery date kept shifting to later date. Today I lost my patience and went to local UPS office. They revealed that last physical scan of the letter was in Stansted, UK. i.e. website just displayed false information all these days. They reported item loss/search request, but no one knows how much it will take to find passports, it's even possible they're lost forever.
    The worst part is that I already have flight booked on January 8 and employer arranged the hotel. Sure, this can be shifted at our cost.

What makes me really suspicious is that I used UPS two time before (for ITA lodgement/additional docs request) and it went flawlessly, in one business day each time.
    Is it just a coincidence that exactly passports with credit card details (migrant levy) disappeared and not other papers? Anyone had same sad experience? Is UPS good at finding things, not just loosing them? Please let me know.

I'm so sorry to hear this, and it must be very worrying. UPS is a reputable company, and I'm sure they'll be doing their best for you. Stansted is one of the airports serving London, so you can know that your passports have arrived very near to their destination. I do hope you get good news soon.

Hope so you get them back soon..

Thanks for support. I believe in good, if it was just mis-sorted. Just wondering because I wrote description on the envelope like "Passports and migrant levy for SMC application". In theory, a dishonest worker could have thought that there is cash inside (in fact only credit card details). I wouldn't be surprised if someone stole my letter in post of Russia for example, but UK is civilized country, hope it never happened to us.
    Last edited by KolA; 8th December 2012 at 04:46 AM.

Unfortunately, we also have thieves in the UK, but I'm still hoping for the best outcome for you.

kola i wish you get passports quickly back

Tough news. I really hope they show up soon.

That's so worrying for you!
    Let's hope its a simple case of misplaced parcel due to huge amount of mail during this Christmas season & that they'll find it soon.

This is really very sad to hear. i hope you get them back very soon to catch your flight and carry on your plan ..

Why would you use UPS? The only company recommended my most consulates and embassies for handling passports is FedEx. My wife, a travel agent, has a list as long as my arm of missing travel documents at the hands of UPS...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast