Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you move someplace else in New Zealand?

Default Would you move someplace else in New Zealand?

We lived in Christchurch and we want to go back there. We travelled around a bit while we were there and we'd happily live in the region a bit to the north of Auckland, but would rather be in Christchurch. Where are you living now and is there someplace else in NZ you'd rather live?

We're in Chch and I am happy here I think hubby would rather be closer to his dad, but not while he's living in Mosgiel! If FiL moved back to Whangarei and know hubby would reeeeeeeeeeeally want to follow, but there'd be no work for him there (and we both dislike Auckland). So I think we'll be staying

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

We ended up in Wellington by chance as that's where the job offer came from. I was a bit apprehensive at first, having not spent much time here on the recce and having heard all the scare stories about the weather. But we quickly fell in love with this vibrant city and I definitely wouldn't want to be in any of the other big(ger) cities.

If jobs (and therefore money) were no object, I think I'd like to live in the Nelson area.

I'll divide my time between Auckland and Tauranga. Loved the coastal living and pretty much love being by the beach.

We started off living in Auckland before relocating to rural Canterbury. The quakes and resulting neccesary work relocation resulted in our move back to Auckland. For now, we're quite content living here. Auckland is a world away from any UK cities and there is plenty we like about the lifestyle here, but under different circumstances we'd still prefer to be living in Canterbury. Personally I really loved Christchurch (pre-quake) as it reminded me a lot of Oxford (UK) without all the crowds. There are lots of other lovely regions of NZ, but OH works in IT so we'll always need to be in close proximity to a big city for work reasons.

I have to say having visited a few places on holiday around New Zealand I haven't found anywhere else I love as much as Wellington although I must also say I've never been to Auckland apart from Henderson & to the stadium & wouldn't want to live there but when I read about the North shore I do wonder if it would pull me with the better weather, I'm too scared to go just in case

No. While I always have to giggle at the idea of Auckland being a 'big city', the more I see of NZ, the more I understand why people think so. And I find this too small and provincial, so there'd hardly be a place to move to... And no, Wellington is smaller, feels smaller, and really would do even less than Auckland.

I have considered moving within Auckland, away from sleepy suburbian into fractionally less sleepy Mt Eden or Ponsonby/Grey Lynn. But then I would have provincial Auckland without the benefit of a beach down the road, so I decided to stay in this part.

Daniela

I'm a suburbs girl. I cannot stand what I've seen of Auckland. I love Wellington and would never want to live anywhere else. My heart is here! (as are my husband and daughter, so absolutely no choice needs to be made anyway )

No, I am a big city girl! Auckland is already way to small and quiet for me. I even hesitate to call Auckland a city. I would never ever be able to live anywhere else in New Zealand.

Lived in Auckland, now live in Marlborough and love it here.

However if I won the lotto, then I would find a nice stretch of costal land and build a dream house. Not sure where, it would be fun looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast