Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids shoes?

Default Kids shoes?

Can someone please let me know where they buy kids shoes that LAST in NZ?
    Tried number 1 shoes, Warehouse, KMart and am getting so fed up with shoes lasting our son maybe 4 weeks before falling apart.

TIA,
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    Can someone please let me know where they buy kids shoes that LAST in NZ?
    Have found that quite tricky, too. My experience with Warehouse and Kmart shoes has been the same, they really fall apart quite quickly.

The boys get their black school shoes from Athlete's Foot, not sure what the model is called. They have lasted really well, although not cheap (paid $119, i think?). The girls got their last pair from the there, too.

There's a place in Auckland called Future Feet, which seems to have a number of brands that I am familiar with (Birkenstock among them), the girls' sandals will be bought from there next.

That's all for school. The rest of the time, we are a Croc family. I know, I know, there's nothing pretty about them, but you can't beat on any practical front (taking them on/off, useable in wet or dry weather, easy to clean...)

Daniela

Where abouts are you? We go to New Balance in Dressmart in Tawa & they last a good time, otherwise Rebel Sports in the sale. http://www.mckinlays.co.nz/ do good leather shoes but at a price

Hello. This is a question that quite often crops up. The answers don't seem to be changing, I'm afraid - children's shoes of decent quality at reasonable price don't apparently happen in NZ.

I second Future Feet. There are branches in both Ponsonby and Milford, in Auckland. Alternatively I've found it works out most cost effective to buy more robust kids footwear in outdoorsy type shops or places like Athletes Foot or Shoe Clinic......not cheap, but they do at least last.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    I second Future Feet. There are branches in both Ponsonby and Milford, in Auckland.
    There's one in Newmarket as well.

Daniela

I've used Future Feet in Ponsonby and Feet First at the Milford shopping centre, which are okay if a bit pricey. I've also ordered some cheaper shoes from Next and M&S online, which have lasted quite well.

Hoof range are pretty good, they have stockist in most major centers.

Not sure where you are, but for those in Wellington try Bay Shoes (I think) on the main road in Kilbirnie. We got school shoes from there and they lasted an entire year. When my child was at primary school she ended up just wearing jandals and converse the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by girlwithanewf View Post
    When my child was at primary school she ended up just wearing jandals and converse the whole time.
    Lucky you. We need black shoes for primary, too, and no crocs or flip flops (I tried!).

Daniela

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast