Thread: 2 weeks applies to trial hours too?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2 weeks applies to trial hours too?

If someone were fired after the first week of their employment, would they be entitled to two weeks pay by the company? The person did not have anything in writing or a contract before starting the work. However now the company is trying to figure out how many hours the individual had worked and how much to pay him.

Was this person sponsored for a visa by the company? No contract, so I gather not. If they are not visa sponsors, and there is no contract, and they've only been employed a couple of days, why would they be entitled to anything other than the agreed wage for the time worked?

No there is no visa requirement. However I was wondering if the 2 weeks entitlement applies to this case too. The person worked for one week in the company for which he had resigned from another company. But because of the territorial culture in the work environment he was what seems a victim of a conspiracy. He was let go from this company saying that he did not have the proper social skills to survive in this kind of environment. He lost both the other company that he resigned from and this one.

I don't know that you'll find anyone here with a lot of knowledge, as it's not an immigration matter. Perhaps this would be a place to go? http://www.dol.govt.nz/er/ Or http://www.cab.org.nz/contactus/Pages/contact.aspx