Thread: Evidence for Permanent Residence Application

Default Evidence for Permanent Residence Application

I will be applying for the permanent resident visa soon.

The website says :

If you have met the commitment to New Zealand in a different way, you will need to show evidence of:
    "an established base in New Zealand". (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...teps/apply.htm).

Does anyone know what evidence they would ask for (other than proof of house purchase)?

From the operational manual. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30505.htm

RV2.5.20 Base established in New Zealand

A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have established a base in New Zealand. A principal applicant is considered to have established a base in New Zealand if:
    each and every member of their immediate family who was included in their application for a resident visa has resided in New Zealand for at least 184 days in the two year period immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made; and
    they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of at least 41 days in the 12 months immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made; and either
    they own and maintain a family home in New Zealand; or
    they have been engaged in full time continuous genuine employment in New Zealand immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made.
    For the purpose of these instructions applicants are considered to own and maintain a family home in New Zealand if:
    they have purchased a residential property in New Zealand within 12 months of their first day in New Zealand as a resident and still own that property either solely or jointly with members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa; and
    they and/or members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa occupy that property.
    Evidence of owning and maintaining a home in New Zealand includes but is not limited to items in the name of the applicant and/or members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa such as:
    mortgage documents or title deeds to the residential property
    rates demands
    home and contents insurance cover
    invoices for telephone, electricity, gas, or water
    documents showing that household effects have been moved to New Zealand
    For the purpose of these instructions, applicants are considered to have been engaged in full time continuous employment in New Zealand if they can produce evidence of genuine full time paid employment in New Zealand for a period or periods amounting to at least 9 months in the 24 months immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made. Employment involving payment by commission and/or retainer is not acceptable. Self-employment is acceptable if they can produce evidence of genuine lawful active involvement in the management and operating of a business in New Zealand which the principal applicant has established, purchased, or has a shareholding in.

Thanks Jan!! That helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

Just to update that I have managed to get my Permanent Resident Visa sticker(s). I went to the Henderson office and it took me under an hour to get everything done. Quite impressed with how quick and straightforward process. Actually it could be done in under 30 minutes but as luck has it, the officer wasn't familiar with the (establish a base) requirement and we have to go thru the requirement together (BTW ... they give you a printout of the rules for reference as you wait).

Also, we found "bugs" in the date calculator where it does not count certain dates. Almost gave me a heart attack when he told me we did not comply with the number of days. We had to show the entry/exit stamps.

I got all the other evidence photocopied and it went no hassle (almost).

Congratulations! Great news!