Thread: Should I be worried? Please help. Waiting since ITA submition in Jul 12

Default Should I be worried? Please help. Waiting since ITA submition in Jul 12

Hi all,

I am just worried, stressed, anxious and everything else.
    I have read a lot of posts from the forum.
    But everyone's situation is different and cannot entirely relate mine to theirs.
    My process is taking a tad bit too long I think...

I am hoping someone can share their knowledge and experience or maybe just calm me down a bit

Here are my dates:

EOI selected May 2012
    ITA submitted July 2012
    Henderson branch

that is it, I haven't been allocated a case office. It's been 5 months since my ITA submission and now Xmas and New Year...
    First I was told that the process takes anytime between 6-9 months from ITA submission.
    A week ago I was told it takes 9-12 months from ITA submission. How does that change so drastically?
    Call center cannot tell how long it takes to get an officer allocated.

I am doing it with a lawyer, but sometimes it's just easier and faster to do some things myself.
    By the way, I am on a working visa and it expires July 2013, maybe that is the reason they are taking so long?
    The whole process is so daunting and stressful, it's been in my mind in the last 4 years if not longer... this is my second time applying and I'm just so scared and stressed from the whole thing

Thank you everyone who posts questions and answers and share their experiences

Thank you in advance to everyone

Hello.

Please don't be too worried. There's no such thing as 'too long', and time scales mentioned by INZ are just about always elastic, not a promise. They are dealing with thousands of people's affairs as well as yours, and when they say, 'You should hear in x weeks,' they're giving a hopeful prediction, and you should understand as subtext, '...if my colleague doesn't have three weeks' sick leave, if the case I'm working on right now turns out to be straightforward, if the person I have to speak to to check someone's work status doesn't keep me hanging about for the document I have to have, etc., etc..'

First thing - this is nothing personal to you, and all the delay is VERY LIKELY nothing to do with your case whatever, but down to working conditions in the office at present, and/or ongoing work on the cases that were already there ahead of yours. This may help to understand the situation where you file is presently. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979

Next, the fact that you're on a working visa probably means that your case isn't being given high priority - the INZ thinking, seen in many previous cases, appears to be, 'This person is already working legally in NZ, so what's his/her hurry?' which I know leaves out the human reaction, that we'd all like to have everything finalized and sorted.

Breathe... Try not to think about INZ all the time. The officials will get in touch if/when they need any more information for you. In the meantime, think about real life good things and let all this tick away in the background.

@JandM well said
    @helena Calm down and enjoy your life and work out there.

Hi szoghby,

May I know why you ignored Australia's ITA and went with New Zealand instead?

I am in the reverse situation, I have received ITA from New Zealand and is reluctant to submit my application due to the many pros stories on websites such as expatexposed and emigratetonewzealand.wordpress.com

I am waiting to submit my EOI to SkillSelect in Australia.

Am I right to prefer Australia if the one the major consideration is the ability for me to continue my career as a profession in the mechanical engineering field? I appreciate all responses. Thanks.

Thank you JandM, you are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by helena View Post
    Thank you JandM, you are the best!

Helena - Please follow this link, it will help you to understand where we all are at this moment.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39219

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    Helena - Please follow this link, it will help you to understand where we all are at this moment.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39219
    Thank you