Hello all,
A first post for me. Actually I'm a Kiwi, but living outside New Zealand at the current time.

I've a question for those with experience using foreign currency accounts at NZ banks: Which banks enable the management of foreign currency accounts via online banking?

Previously I have investigated this from a fees perspective, and decided that ANZ was probably the best all round, as they only charge fees when withdrawals are made (as opposed to continuous monthly account fees). However I found that ANZ does not yet offer these services via online banking, which is desirable for me residing away from NZ.

I believe HSBC NZ offers foreign currency accounts online, but their monthly account fees are comparatively high versus other options, unless one is prepared to open a "Premier" account.

Are any of the other banks operating such services online?

As I write, I have just thought that a better option may be to keep foreign currency on account with a forex trading broker as margin, and then gain foreign currency exposure via their services. A forex broker would presumably not charge monthly fees for holding customer funds on margin, but then on the other hand, safety of funds is possibly not as good as with a bank. From an interest perspective, one is unlikely to get anything much on USD, EUR, GBP or JPY deposits, so little is lost in that respect. Conversion rates would be more favourable as well, no doubt.