Thread: About to submit for visa!

Default About to submit for visa!

Hello all again,

well its been a very short time between even thinking about the idea (less than two months ago!) but I have already been offered a job!

I have an EOI already filled out pretty much ready to go, and my employer is an accredited one and they have sent me supplementary information which im told will help fasttrack the immigration process.

My question is what to do with this info, and what else do i Need to supplement with?

Im not being ignorant and have been researching (especially this site its a great resource so thank you everyone its just that I dont want to miss anything out.

Would like to get the ball rolling ASAP but as I say dont want to submit without all the relevant info to the right place so as not to hold up the process

Is there any preference on type of visa for this situation (was thinking of work to residence, or int he case of the job is skilled migrant a better choice?)

In addition, with regards to medicals will I get summoned to one of these or would I be expected to organize this myself?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thank you all

Dave

You have to book the medical for yourself. Use the list on the INZ site to find a panel doctor http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs.htm?level=1 - do phone around, as there can be a BIG difference in the fees charged, and some people have even found it worthwhile to travel and stay over out of their area to get it done, for cheapness and how soon they could book an appointment.

As to which visa, it partly depends on how soon your employer would like you to be available. If you put in your EOI, that's an application for Residence. As someone with a job offer, your case will be prioritized, and you can check on the appropriate page to see how processing is running on average at the moment. (Google "NZ immigration London branch processing times".) If your employer really needs you sooner, you can also apply for a work visa - see the appropriate section here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/ - which will go through more quickly, usually. The Residence visa can be taking the time it takes in the background in the meantime. (Work to Residence isn't usually the choice for people who already have all the requirements for Residence at the outset. It's also a limited-life visa, and leaves all the hassle to be done again at a later date.)

Congratulations on the job! Where will you be going?

Hi, thanks for the info, working in an engineering firm as a designer outside of Auckland I think its in east Tanaki? Do you know if the immigration process will grind to a halt in the xmas period as I know they finish work this week and dont start back till mid jan?

Probably looking to be over there mid to late feb?

thanks

Dave

It's realistic to think things will slow up over the holiday. They admit to being closed on the Bank Holidays, but not to a complete close-down. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc.../OpeningHours/ I've heard before there's a skeleton staff.