Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the job based conditions on SMC Resident Visa?

Question What are the job based conditions on SMC Resident Visa?

Hi All,

I would like to know what are the job related constraints if they grant resident visa?

Once they grant SMC resident visa to a person, that person has a time to enter NZ in 12 months, after his arrival in NZ, Is it mandatory to take up a job within three months time? Is it true? OR Is it like he has to search and take up a job before his resident visa expires, which one is true? {Generally what's the validity of SMC resident visa?}, Thanks in advance.

I would like to know what are the job related constraints if they grant resident visa?
    Till you find answer to your specific query, you may like to see this post on similar topic : http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....762#post462762

Hey Kool Kiwi, thanks a lot.
    So as per the new thread link u shared, there is no restriction as such on SMC resident visa to secure a job in 3 months time from the day you arrive in NZ right?

Can anyone clarify on this. Thanks.

there is no restriction as such on SMC resident visa to secure a job in 3 months time from the day you arrive in NZ right? [/B]
    I was not intending to get into specific query of yours but since you asked again, even i think there is no condition that someone has to find job in 3 months in resident visa (for people who apply without job offer). Let someone else also endorse this. INZ may impose specific condition on anyone, but that would be specific case not a norm.

I am wondering, what is the source of your doubt - that there is 3 months limit to search the job. I am asking this for myself because, there is always something new to learn & maybe another interpretation of the same thing

Thanks Kool Kiwi,
    My doubt was general, as I came across few blogs recently where people have mentioned the same question {3 months condition to secure a job} but such was not available on the website. And also the below link {refer Resident visa condition}
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rant/accepted/

Resident visa conditions

If you were granted a resident visa, you must still meet some requirements to ensure you remain a New Zealand resident.

a)If you gained points for an offer of skilled employment, you must take that job up within three months of your first entry into New Zealand. You must also stay in that job for at least three months and provide us with evidence of having done so.

what does the above condition really mean? Is it like if I have already secured a job before coming to NZ (job offer) or If I have claimed a points under LTSSL list and for that I have take up a job within 3 months.

b)If you gained points for already having a skilled job that you have held for less than three months, you must stay in the job for a minimum of three months.

If someone's application for Residence under SMC gets some of its points (which get the EOI selected) from a job offer in NZ, then the Residence will usually have a Section 49(1) condition, that the person must take up THAT job within three months of arrival in NZ, and work at it for three months. They should be in a position to show INZ proof of when they started working and that they're still there, then they can have the sticker in their passport changed for a Residence visa with no conditions. (Thread about getting the conditions removed. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39873)

If someone gets a Residence visa under SMC without having a job offer in NZ, there is no time restriction on their finding a job.

Okay - simulpost.

a) As per my last post, you'll see it's the first thing you thought. LTSSL is nothing to do with it.

b) Yes.

Let me get this straight as it becoming more confusing.
    I have submitted my ITA (points 150 without job offer), and got ack letter from Shanghai branch regrading ITA accepted and currently waiting for CO's mail for interview dates. I also have claimed LTSSL points in my case.

Now could someone tell me if I arrived in NZ with SMC resident visa [without job offer], do I have that 3 months period mandatory condition to secure a job? It doesn't make sense of 3 months condition to secure job as SMC resident visa is for 2 years.

a)If you gained points for an offer of skilled employment, you must take that job up within three months of your first entry into New Zealand. You must also stay in that job for at least three months and provide us with evidence of having done so

what does the above condition really mean? Is it like if I have already secured a job before coming to NZ (job offer) or If I have claimed a points under LTSSL list and for that I have take up a job within 3 months.

b)If you gained points for already having a skilled job that you have held for less than three months, you must stay in the job for a minimum of three months.
    You can claim points for job/job offfer at EOI stage if :
    1. You are already in job in NZ, OR
    2. You are not in job NZ but you have job offer

The regulation is suggesting -- proove to us, that the job offer was genuine in a sense that you intended to takeup that employment by atleast being 3 months in the job. Something like saying, if you come on fiancee visa, atleast marrry the same girl, who sponsored your fiancee visa

Above mentioned - 3 months clause - is not applicable for people who do not have job/job offer & yet they get resident visa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast