Thread: Jobs for working holiday visa

Default Jobs for working holiday visa

Hi all. Im 22 and coming to new zealand next year on a working holiday visa. Im strong and thinking about laboring on farms and building sites for a year. What are my chances. What sort of pay should I be looking at. Where is best to find work. Are there questions to ask that i wouldnt in the uk. Hope you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlett View Post
    Hi all. Im 22 and coming to new zealand next year on a working holiday visa. Im strong and thinking about laboring on farms and building sites for a year. What are my chances. What sort of pay should I be looking at. Where is best to find work. Are there questions to ask that i wouldnt in the uk. Hope you can help.
    Hi Hamlett, Happy New Year
    You could try a Recruitment Agency. There are a few that cater to labouring type work such as Allied Workfoce (www.awf.co.nz) and I just did a google search and there is http://www.frenz.co.nz which is for the farming and construction industry. This way you may be able to get short term contracts as well so you can still do a bit of travel. Once you are on their books you can usually then work from any of their offices around the country.

Hope that helps
    Shannon