Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC decision deferred!

Default SMC decision deferred!

Hi All
    I got an e-mail from my CO saying that my SMC application decision is deferred to offer a JSV

In the e-mail sent, a Word document has been attached stating the invitation to apply for JSV.

I have been asked to submit the evidences for JSV:

(1) Evidence of your travel arrangements to New Zealand.
    (2) Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family for three months in New Zealand.
    (3) Evidence that you have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand for yourself and any accompanying family members.

Can someone pls tell me what evidence should I show for point (1).

Also, for (2) and (3), I think I can show my bank statement. If there is any other evidence which I can provide, please suggest the same.

Is there any fees like migrant levy that we have to pay for JSV? Also, once after providing the evidence, how long will it take for JSV?

PS: My case is with London branch and I got to know the decision today after a very long wait. My application received date is 5 Jan 2011. My application was with INZ New Delhi branch initially and as I went to London by Sep 2011 as part of my project assignment, my case was transferred to London branch. Then I returned to my hometown in India by Mar 2012. After a very long wait with a CO change, today only I came to know the decision

Hi, AFAIK we have same officer, make a bank statement for (2) and (3) then scan and email to CO for preview, he will tell if something is missing. As for travel arrangements - probably you need to show flight/accomodation booking.
    You will pay migrant levy when you get actual residence - i.e. after you find job. I would suggest to start looking for job remotely, employers are more likely to hire you because your case already processed. Also if you get offer remotely then your residence should be automatically approved and you won't need extra financial evidence in this case

As started in the thread, I hold a SMC WTR visa.
    I arrived in Auckland and now, I found a job in Wellington. I got a job offer within two months of my arrival. I passed the offer letter to my CO and she told she has recommended a decision on my application and now it is for 2nd person check?

What could be the decision? Is she going to give me resident visa with my skilled offer of employment? My joining date in the job is in the first week of June. Shouldn't I be in the employment for 3 months for the CO to take a decision on issuing resident visa? Or is it some other decision at this stage?

Guys, esp. JandM, looking for your inputs and thoughts..

guys any thoughts

Hi. You can't jump to any conclusions until after you get the decision, but it sounds pretty promising! Well done! The second person check shouldn't take too long. If you haven't been in the job 3 months when you get your residence visa, it will be issued with conditions that you must continue to work for the same employer for at least 3 months etc. As a matter of interest, I was intrigued that you were allowed to take your family with you on your JSV if I have understood your December post correctly. Was this the situation? Kind regards. Karen

What could be the decision? Is she going to give me resident visa with my skilled offer of employment? My joining date in the job is in the first week of June. Shouldn't I be in the employment for 3 months for the CO to take a decision on issuing resident visa? Or is it some other decision at this stage?
    A second-person check is when your CO has to get another official to look over the case before telling the applicant any answer, to make sure they have not made some mistake, and as a guard against possible corruption.

You don't have to be in a job for three months before getting Residence. See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm If your CO can see that all is well, then you are likely to be getting the Residence with conditions mentioned at paragraph a i. This would just say that you have to start working in the skilled job offered, and stay in it for three months. When you can show you have done that, you can contact INZ again, and, with no more formalities, get a further Residence visa WITHOUT any conditions on.

(Any family members who were on your original application under SMC can now get the same Residence visas as you.)

Thank you guys for your inputs..

Just one query.. may be a dumb one.. so will they get our passports now and issue resident visa stickers with conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    A second-person check is when your CO has to get another official to look over the case before telling the applicant any answer, to make sure they have not made some mistake, and as a guard against possible corruption.

You don't have to be in a job for three months before getting Residence. See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm If your CO can see that all is well, then you are likely to be getting the Residence with conditions mentioned at paragraph a i. This would just say that you have to start working in the skilled job offered, and stay in it for three months. When you can show you have done that, you can contact INZ again, and, with no more formalities, get a further Residence visa WITHOUT any conditions on.

(Any family members who were on your original application under SMC can now get the same Residence visas as you.)

As long as they are satisfied that the job you have been offered is a skilled one, then, yes.

Who is on the application besides you?

hi guys.. my wife and my son are also part of application.. still second person check going on and waiting for the decision from CO..

So as long as the second-person check comes up in agreement that your job offer is skilled and in order, then your passport in NZ, and your wife and son's back in your former country, will have the Residence visas with conditions put in.

Here's hoping the wait is nearly over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast