Thread: My stuff has arrived!

Default My stuff has arrived!

After a month of so of tracking my ships (will miss that !) my stuff arrived in the country last week!

Today my boxes arrived- just a few essentials with the major shipping next year. Stupidly I packed chocolate (10kg of the stuff as I make chocolates as a hobby). I was expecting a great big mess when I opened it due to its lovely hot journey. To my surprise the majority hadn't melted and still in their drop form. 1 bag had slightly melted and reformed.

So to the car. That is still with MAFF. The car had undergone a 6 hour valet before it went (had never been so clean), but MAFF still wanted to steam clean. They also wanted to vaccum under the bonnet due to dead leaves. I suspect this happened due to sitting out in the yard before loading. The car went in a shared container and at the time of booking, I was under the impression the cars were stored inside or under cover at least whilst waiting for loading, but discovered on dropping the car off they were not. This may vary with different shippers but something to be aware of if using a shared container service.

Will update when I finally get the car- fingers crossed for compliance!

Congratulations!! My container has also arrived and last I heard, MAF was wanting to know what box some baskets might be in. I am envious!!

Great news. I am sure you will find some other way of filling your time once your main shipment arrrives - like unpacking .

Good point about the car, worth thinking about as we intend to ship the car separately.

Early Chrissie prezzie!

Well the car has had a lovely xmas holiday sitting at the AA waiting in a queue to be looked at. Finally looked at today and very relieved it has passed except for a hole in the exhaust which will be fixed Monday AM.

After worrying about rust for weeks, it all seems quite simple now.

I have been very lucky to have been able to borrow a friends car for the majority of the time whilst I have been waiting, so the car hire bill isn't too high, but if I had my time again I think I would have bought a cheap car to get me through then sell it.

Time for a celebratory drink!

Had a peek through the windows and there was a jordans cereal wrapper in the car- Bl**dy shippers. All that cleaning and then they just litter it- thankfully MAFF weren't too bothered!

(but not for the litter-bug)

Glad to hear you and your car are now re-united