Thread: 25 days to go

Default 25 days to go

And as you can imagine the to do list is pretty long but think we are getting there, flights booked, shippers sorted, bank account opened and somewhere to live on the other side!

Daughter had her last day at school here today so all a bit emotional - do I need to inform the local education authority that she isn't coming back after the christmas break or do the school sort that? I meant to ask at school but in the excitement of the goodbyes forgot

Congratulations and best of luck!

I don't know that there's a rule, but if the school knows you're leaving the country, it's covered. Either way, you're not going to be around to be bothered.

Hi,

Have you asked the school to supply a up to date school report for your Daughter,this will help the teachers over in NZ .
    Nick

And don't forget to get a printout of her vaccinations from the doctor, schools ask about this and some are more persistent than others about having the information written down.

Quote Originally Posted by girlwithanewf View Post
    And don't forget to get a printout of her vaccinations from the doctor, schools ask about this and some are more persistent than others about having the information written down.
    Thank you for advice about vaccinations. I have last years full school report and info on her recent assessments which should help. We have had a conversation with the principal of the school she will be going to and got the impression they would do their own assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_adventure View Post
    do I need to inform the local education authority that she isn't coming back after the christmas break or do the school sort that?
    Sounds so exciting and a bit emotional - Christmas pageants just aren't quite the same here!

Re: local authority I'm sure the school will do that but it would be very helpful for your daughter's old school if you emailed them confirming your daughter's enrolment in her new school and the name of the school if you haven't already done so. I worked in a London school for years and the office staff were always driven mad by the occasional child who they weren't able to take off the register until they they had confirmation of their enrolment in another school. Ruins attendance figures but necessary as children occasionally go 'missing' over the holidays.

Exciting times!!!

20 days for us!!!!!!