Thread: Police certificate might show D + D?

Default Police certificate might show D + D?

Hi,

applying for a police certificate, it may possibly come back with an arrest for drunk and disorderly back in 2005. I wasnt charged or cautioned, just had a spot fine of 60 quid.

Anyone had any experience with immigration problems and think this will cause problems for me?

I know its very minor but would rather know what to expect

thanks

Dave

You may find you have to apply for a character waiver. See paragraph h here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35058.htm I don't know if the spot fine will show up, but if it does, it could take you into that territory. If you have to apply for a waiver, it involves writing a letter explaining the circumstances of the offence, that you understand how serious it was, and how misguided, and that you would be careful not to do such a thing again. You'd also need to get people of some standing to give you a character reference, to say that they know you as an upstanding person who does not now do such things any more. And don't express opinions like, 'I know it's very minor.'

Just for the record, had it back today its all nice and clean Record says NO TRACE

Now for the medical...

Dave