Thread: Work and income financial assistance

Default Work and income financial assistance

Hello, I have been here in NZ for 2 months now and havent found any employment yet. I have a resident visa. My question is, am I entitled to avail any of the WINZ financial assistance? And if I am, will this have some impact to my permanent residency application later on?

Thanks in advance!

I think as per INZ1104 application for residence attached snap shot, you have agreed on that terms that you should be able to support yourself for the first 24 months. (Res. Visa Period). This is my understanding; let us wait to other opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used to work for the ministry, I believe there is a standard 24 month question.However, for dire situations there are some options, but you will have to prove that you don't have enough money to support you on food rent etc.

The best thing is to register (I recommend everyone to register so you are on the system) and then ask a case manager. There is also an anonymous questionnaire which will tell you if you are eligible for something. See work and income website.

Hope this helps.

This link may help you but they access each case on its individual situation so you would need to contact them or apply to find out

http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/ind...-pensions.html