Thread: Moving From Auckland to Wellington

Unhappy Moving From Auckland to Wellington

Hi All,

Merry Christmas everyone. Myself and my husband are moving from auckland to wellington. Could any of you please let me know which is the best option for us? We could pack our things as we dont have much stuff, probably about 60-80kgs. How much will they charge and within how many days will the deliver our goods? I came across some empty tracks website as well. Is it a good idea to opt for empty tracks? Any Ideas and suggestion are welcome.

Thanks in Advance
    Aishwarya

Hi Aishwarya

You can pay extra via Jetstar if you are going to pack yourself. They have price ranges for every 5 kgs, it is cheaper if you pay in advance.

You can shop for some cheap tickets, it might be economical incl the extra for the stuff.

Happy Holidays

I would suggest you hire a car (if you don't have one) preferably a stationwagon and load it up. Unless you are in a hurry of course. Basically takes about 2 days to get to Welly. Baggage charges for airlines (even Jetstar) can be expensive. Check out the airlines additional baggage charges before committing yourself to an airticket to see if it is worth it all.

The easiest option is probably for you to fly and get a courier company to take your stuff for you.
    Alternatively hire a large car in Auckland, pack all all your stuff in and return the car in Wellington. You can do the drive from Auckland to Wellington in one day, it takes about 9 hours.

Default Replies

Quote Originally Posted by girlwithanewf View Post
    The easiest option is probably for you to fly and get a courier company to take your stuff for you.
    Alternatively hire a large car in Auckland, pack all all your stuff in and return the car in Wellington. You can do the drive from Auckland to Wellington in one day, it takes about 9 hours.
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I really appreciate your ideas. But hiring a car wouldn't be applicable for us as we dont have a driving license in NZ yet. Courier seems to be a good choice is there any specific courier company you might know which is affordable and can deliver it to us in 2days or so.

Thanks is advance
    aishu

You can also go by bus, they do carry luggage, might be the best option for you. They stop at Wellington Rly Station, you can get a cab from there. Try Nakedbus, that's the one I see arriving at the station.
    Last edited by nativecolo; 27th December 2012 at 06:41 PM.