Thread: Permanent Resident Visa/ IRRV

Default Permanent Resident Visa/ IRRV

Hi Everyone,

Wish you have a good holiday!

Currently I do possessed a Resident Visa and I entered NZ on 17 Sep 2012. I planned to stay throughout the year 2013, and to stay from Jan to Mar 2014.

Will I be able to satisfy the condition of staying 2 years?

Will I be able to apply for the Permanent Resident Visa on 1 April 2014 or I need to wait exactly after 17 Sep 2014?

Here are the requirements for Permanent Residence http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm. You have to meet the conditions in the top paragraph, and ONE of the ones from lower down the page.

You will see, therefore, that you have to have been in NZ, on a Residence visa, for two years, before you can apply for PR. So no, you can't apply before your two years are up. No application will be considered until a minimum of two years after your Residence visa was activated.

Your question of whether you satisfy the condition of staying for 2 years - depends on whether you satisfy the minimum 184 days of stay per year. You certainly have to be precise and discount any amount of time you spend outside of NZ (should you have travelled during the time you were a resident in NZ).