Thread: Residence from Work

Default Residence from Work

Hi everyone,

I was initially granted one year Work VISA, and then launch a month ago My reapplication ( MY TRADE IS STONEMASON ), now I got 2 years more in My Work VISA ( including My Wife and Two Kids, her with Open Work VISA and My Kids with Study VISA ) "AWESOME" . We wish to apply for Residence, and we need to wait up to 24 months of Work in New Zealand. My Employer is not Accredited ( Accredited Employers ). THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS FROM IMMIGRATION NEW ZEALAND :

I hold a Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Category visa

If you were granted a temporary work visa to allow you to work for an accredited employer in New Zealand, you can apply for a residence class visa under Talent (Accredited Employers) Residence Category.

To be approved for residence you must:
    have held a work visa granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Category for at least 24 months
    have been employed in New Zealand during the currency of that visa for a period of 24 months by an accredited employer (or another employer if you were granted a Variation of Conditions to your work visa by Immigration New Zealand).

What does mind? ( or another employer if you were granted a Variation of Conditions to your work visa by Immigration New Zealand )

Thanks. Stonemason

As your employer is not accredited, this section of the INZ rules which you quoted will not apply to your case. It is probably worth looking at the requirements for Residence under Skilled Migrant - if you qualify for that, you would be able to apply immediately. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ant/caniapply/