Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding the outcome of interview

Default Question Regarding the outcome of interview

Dear Members,

Are there any members who have been recently selected for residence without a job offer? Moreover, i request them to share the questions that were asked during the interview.

Thankyou

Here's an old thread which, itself, gives lists of interview questions, and links to more questions. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398 The same topics are always covered, because the CO's job is to find out how ready the applicant is (by knowing about NZ ways, both in their career, and for living in the country) to be able to contribute to NZ life by fitting in and being employable very quickly upon arrival.

Dear Sir,

I am highly grateful for your kind response. During the course of preparation for the Interview, I am still unclear about few questions. I would be grateful if you can answers to the following questions.

1, I heard from few people that usually applicants without an offer of employment are granted a one year Job Search Visa (JSV) instead of residence visa, and once the person is successful in securing a job then he is entitled to get the residence, is it true?

2, In case. i am offered the JSV, and once i land into New Zealand and start to hunt for the job. Is it possible that i may deviate from the profession for which my immigration application, Skilled migration Category (SMC) has been considered? To be more specific, i claimed points for the Profession, University Lecturer, is it alright if i manage to find a job in Telecommunication industry as the university jobs are hard to grab. If i am able to execute the stated plan, am i still eligible for transfer of my JSV visa to residence visa?

3, So far, I have not applied for any job in New Zealand, if i do it now, before my interview which is scheduled to be held on 15 January, 2013, is it OK? or my Case Officer (CO) will consider this step as last minute preparation and it will negatively effect on her decision?

Thankyou very much in advance

Kind Regards

Dear AJS1,

I was approved for residence under the skilled migrant category two months ago and I do not have a job offer. The questions are the same as on the forum, but may be worded differently. I was asked specific questions about Education and Training(I'm an educator) and the identity questions. Other than that the questions are basically the same.

1, I heard from few people that usually applicants without an offer of employment are granted a one year Job Search Visa (JSV) instead of residence visa, and once the person is successful in securing a job then he is entitled to get the residence, is it true?
    It's not right to say 'usually' those without a job offer get a JSV. Some do. Some (many) get Residence outright. The CO's decision will depend on the person's answers during the interview.

The SMC JSV means that the person has nine months in NZ in which to find a skilled job. When they can show INZ that they have a skilled job that they have been working in for three months (and the job is continuing), they will be granted their Residence visa. The other name for the SMC JSV is 'deferred Residence'.

Is it possible that i may deviate from the profession for which my immigration application, Skilled migration Category (SMC) has been considered?
    The JSV entitles the applicant to take up any job they are offered, to help them support themself, but ONLY a job in the skill they have put forward on their application will count to get them their Residence. So no, this idea won't work in the long term.

is it OK?
    Yes, it is fine. The CO won't be trying to play mind-games with you. As this happens to be the first job you have seen which you think is right for you, good for you for trying for it. Go ahead!

Thankyou very much for the clarification.

Dear Sir,

I am immensely grateful for the kind reply and detailed answers to my question. I would remain thankful to you, forever.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It's not right to say 'usually' those without a job offer get a JSV. Some do. Some (many) get Residence outright. The CO's decision will depend on the person's answers during the interview.

The SMC JSV means that the person has nine months in NZ in which to find a skilled job. When they can show INZ that they have a skilled job that they have been working in for three months (and the job is continuing), they will be granted their Residence visa. The other name for the SMC JSV is 'deferred Residence'.

The JSV entitles the applicant to take up any job they are offered, to help them support themself, but ONLY a job in the skill they have put forward on their application will count to get them their Residence. So no, this idea won't work in the long term.

Yes, it is fine. The CO won't be trying to play mind-games with you. As this happens to be the first job you have seen which you think is right for you, good for you for trying for it. Go ahead!

Thankyou very much for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by coley4ja View Post
    Dear AJS1,

I was approved for residence under the skilled migrant category two months ago and I do not have a job offer. The questions are the same as on the forum, but may be worded differently. I was asked specific questions about Education and Training(I'm an educator) and the identity questions. Other than that the questions are basically the same.

Hi, AJS1. May I know what is the outcome of the interview? Our condition is similar as yours where my husband also a lecturer, I am worry if we only issue by JSV and it's difficult to find a job in this field. Tq

AJS1 has not been on the forum since March, 2013, so may not see your question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast