Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two month countdown

Default two month countdown

Our two month countdown has started - went to get the visas in the passports yesterday, have started talking to shipping companies and booking flights this weekend. Feel like I have the biggest to do list ever but confident that it will all happen when it needs to. The next biggest thing on our list is telling our daughter who is five about the move - fingers crossed she is excited rather than upset

The work begins!! It's exciting and scary. Best of luck!!

We are in our 2 month countdown also. Booked flights last week. Car is up for sale, visas sorted, shipping an insurance sorted. Notice given on flat and stuff all packed ready to move back into my parents till flights on the 22nd January. VERY excited

Good luck! To be honest, I am sure your daughter will be fine about it, as long as she is with you she'll be happy!

My 2.5 year old was picking up on all the talk about new zealand. and one day, while in the car throwing a temper tantrum, she shouted "new zealand is rubbish, i hate new zealand, I dont want new zealand!" LOL she had no clue what she was talking about.

Our little girl took the news with great aplomb and is really excited - not sure she quite understand
    Nods what it means yet but really pleased with how she took the news

Mrs Timber - planning on booking our flights tomorrow with provisional date of 16th jan, sounds like you are very organised, I am plodding through my to do list seen one shipping agent, two more next week. You are right it is very exciting though think I am upsetting family by being sooooo excited when they are sad.

Bananabellesmom - how are you settling in? How has your daughter handled the move?

Quote Originally Posted by bananabellesmom View Post
    Good luck! To be honest, I am sure your daughter will be fine about it, as long as she is with you she'll be happy!

My 2.5 year old was picking up on all the talk about new zealand. and one day, while in the car throwing a temper tantrum, she shouted "new zealand is rubbish, i hate new zealand, I dont want new zealand!" LOL she had no clue what she was talking about.

LOL! My youngest daughter has just turned three and I can so relate to what you've written! Thanks for the laugh

Becky

Good luck with your to do list. And somehow someway it will all work out. My boys settled into school so easily. They love it. They don't miss much of anything, but some of their good mates. She'll be just fine. Good luck

Thank you - we are now at 11 days to go, the house is all topsy turvy ready for the movers next week and I am just about on top of the paperwork. My little girl is very excited and already looking forward to starting school out there

all feels a bit unreal at the moment - feel a bit detached from it all especially when saying goodbyes - I am sure it will hit me like a train when we get on the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_adventure View Post
    Thank you - we are now at 11 days to go, the house is all topsy turvy ready for the movers next week and I am just about on top of the paperwork. My little girl is very excited and already looking forward to starting school out there

all feels a bit unreal at the moment - feel a bit detached from it all especially when saying goodbyes - I am sure it will hit me like a train when we get on the plane!
    Good Luck. I moved out in November and like you, I felt very detached when saying goodbyes. It felt very unreal and I was almost emotionless when saying goodbye to people. I felt really horrible about it. It still hasn't hit, maybe it won't. I had a teary goodbye with my Mum at the doorstep and then last month I had a day that I couldn't stop crying for no apparent reason (blaming it on female hormones!).

I guess our minds all process the move quite differently- afterall it is a very large upheaval.

Enjoy the flight- it was very strange to sit on the plane with nothing to do- all the do lists checked off. It was lovely to just sit and read!!

saw some friends at the weekend and it was very strange thinking that I probably won't see them for 2 or so years but everyone so excited about our move it didn't feel sad as such. Movers come tomorrow so today is all about getting the house ready - think I will be glad of the rest next week when we are travelling though with two small children I may not get chance to read!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast