Thread: When do INZ contact your current employers?

Default When do INZ contact your current employers?

Hi,

We've our recce planned for April/May with hopefully a move sometime after, so we know our plans for this year but my boss doesn't!
    There's still so much still to sort and think about that it's not something I want to discuss with them/my colleagues yet. And if the house doesn't sell we could be here much longer than planned so I don't want every one at work thinking "when is she going?"

So, my question is will INZ contact my current employer when the EOI is selected or later once we've submitted things following the ITA?
    I'm guessing this later stage and that'd be fine, he'll know by then, but I don't want him having a call from INZ out of the blue and in English to boot before our chat!

Perhaps others could also share how they tackled telling their current employer/colleagues? And the timings you worked to.
    Thanks

In my case CO contacted employer quite late, couple of weeks before approval and that was very short email (I saw it myself as boss just forwarded it to me to create reply) like "please confirm position and employment dates of mr. xyz in your company". In Belarus we have to obtain visa almost in most of countries and employment can be verified even for simple visitor visas, so my boss stayed unaware about immigration purposes until everything worked out.
    Besides that, I have job offer in NZ and my employment check was rather simple. I've heard sometimes CO may call with a lot of questions or send detailed questionnaire via email.

I can say that to date they did not contact my recent employers as I am tracking frequently. I think this step might occur after assigning CO.

Yes, the CO is in charge of contacting your present and former employers. You have to wait to get a CO assigned before anything else happens.