Thread: UK/US citizen travelling back to the UK, question?

Default UK/US citizen travelling back to the UK, question?

Questions re passports?

My kids and I are travelling back to the UK for holiday in 2013. We are all US/UK citizens and currently have US passports with NZ residency. I understand that US citizens can stay in the UK for 6 months without a visa. We are only staying 3 weeks. For 3 passports it will cost about $850-$900!

Any advantage to getting UK passports for us (my UK is expired and kids never had UK passports)prior to travelling there? I have travel insurance for all of us. My only concern was if we needed any emergency health care(touch wood we don't) how do we prove we are UK citizens? (kids have UK citizenship by descent)

Thanks.

If you needed emergency hospital care, you'd be given it, whoever you were. http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...s-with-social/

I can attest to nationality not mattering in receiving treatment in an English hopsital. I'm American and was once treated in a London emergency room after fainting on a tube platform (don't ask) during a visit to the city. They didn't even ask me for a credit card! Couldn't believe it.

Thanks appreciate that!

They didn't even ask me for a credit card! Couldn't believe it.
    They're not bad, the NHS!