Thread: Medicals for Children !

Default Medicals for Children !

Hi Friends,

My ITA letter says for my two sons who are 8 years and 2 years, I need to do medicals and it's stated as " You must provide a completed INZ Medical and X-ray Certificate form (INZ 1007) for your child ".

Could any one please confirm, if you guys did x-rays for kids ?. Thanks.

Children don't need X-rays. If you look at the forms the doctor will fill out it specifies exactly what children must provide.

Did you declare anything on your EOI (additional details section) in respect of either of your children that might have raised the concern of your case officer - to the extent they thought an x-ray necessary? Usually such young children would not need an x-ray but if they have an underlying/long term condition this might have prompted your case officer's request. If not, just put a note of explanation in when you send everything else back to say why you've not included it.

Yes, it might be that they want x-rays for a specific reason. Worth clarifying with them.

Children under 11 years of age and women who are pregnant
    are not required to undergo a chest X-ray examination unless
    requested by INZ.
    (my underlining)

Form INZ1096

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...30July2012.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by arvin View Post
    " You must provide a completed INZ Medical and X-ray Certificate form (INZ 1007) for your child ".
    Just i would like that you read your ITA letter again carefully and also check the attached check list as (INZ1007 is the general medical certificate) not the (X-ray which is INZ1096). as confirmed above it is not required for children under 11. This was the case for my children (8 & 6 Yrs) and i did not perform X-ray for them .

I have cinfirmed that I no need to do x-ray for my kids. Thanks you guys for your responses.