Thread: Ielets - oh

Default Ielets - oh

Hi All,

I have one question regarding IELETS. My OH has given IELETS last year in Dec and got the required score. Can I include that in ITA ? Does IELETS score has any valid time ? Will they expect even after a year time ?

Please confirm.

An IELTS certificate needs to be less than two years old at the time of submission.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    An IELTS certificate needs to be less than two years old at the time of submission.
    @JandM, For principal applicant the required IELTS band score is overall 6.5.

What about if a candidate is not getting overall band 6.5 in a single sitting IELTS exam.
    For example a candidate get 1) Listening 5 2) Reading 5 3) Writing 6.5 4) Speaking 7 and his overall band is 6.
    But INZ requirement is 6.5.
    Then he sat again for IELTS exam and he get 1) Listening 6 2) Reading 6 3) Writing 6 4) Speaking 6 and his overall band is 6.
    Also this score is not acceptable as INZ requires overall 6.5

But if he combines his best score for these 2 exam then 1) Listening 6 2) Reading 6 3) Writing 6.5 4) Speaking 7 and his overall band is 6.5.

Assume that this 2 IELTS score is less than 2 years

Is it then acceptble for INZ (combing 2 IELTS test report score to get overall 6.5)?
    Last edited by farzanakhan123; 8th January 2013 at 11:26 PM.

No, I'm afraid the 6.5 has to be all based on the one certificate, that is, sitting the test all at one session.

But it's really worth trying again (although I know it's annoying, and costly) - these scores are SO near. Is there any chance this candidate can prove English knowledge in some other way, perhaps because s/he uses English at work, or studied a university course taught all in English? It very often happens that sense of occasion can bring exam scores down, when in a real-life situation, the same person has good familiarity with the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    Hi All,

I have one question regarding IELETS. My OH has given IELETS last year in Dec and got the required score. Can I include that in ITA ? Does IELETS score has any valid time ? Will they expect even after a year time ?

Please confirm.
    Yes, your OH IELTS is required to be add to your ITA(in section K partner English language ability) in both cases :-
    1-You are not claiming bonus points for your partner, then band score 5 is required.
    2-you are claiming bonus point for partner, then band score 6.5 is required.
    IELTS certificate should be valid at time of submission; the certificate is valid for two years after test attended.
    Last edited by khaled; 9th January 2013 at 12:41 AM.