Thread: Approval has disappeared

Unhappy Approval has disappeared

Well... my approval has reverted to a 'pending' on the webpage. I have screenshots to prove it did indeed exist.

I called up and was told that my first case officer had approved it. It was being examined by another case officer.

Now I've gotten an email questioning my employment points. I've claimed my points under http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30549.htm SMC 17.5B:
    employment on a contract basis where the applicant:

*has a consistent history of contract work, and
    *has a current contract for services, and
    *INZ is satisfied that such contract work is likely to be sustained.

It's a current maternity cover (12 months, half way done). Extensions cannot be guaranteed, but future contract work is possible. It's actually extremely likely, but the school must wait until the beginning of 1st term to get exact classroom numbers and for leave of absence notices to be given in. I have a history of contract work in teaching (4 contracts before this one). My situation is actually very similar to Tribecca's in http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39508&page=2.

When I read Tribecca's, I called up INZ up to clarify if my points counted, and was reassured by them that the third 'sustainable' bullet point could be met by working with other employeers afterwards, not necessarily the same one.

I've sent an email back to my CO (and will follow up with a phone call)

I'm hoping my situation will meet a similar resolution

Does anyone have any recommendations of what I could do to prove that my finding contract work is 'likely to be sustained'?

Default Approved again?!

Hello all,

Today, I filed an application for a visitor visa (165$) in case my residency doesn't come through before my visa expires on Saturday.

My principal emailed my CO with perhaps the vaguest worded 'yeah, we might have work for her past her current contract' I think I have ever read. When I read it, I immediately assumed it wouldn't cut the mustard.

I've been emailed by my CO, who said a decision has been reached and I should receive a letter in due course.

Online, my application is Approved. Again. But do I trust it... noooooo. That webpage has tricked me once already!

Would anyone be willing to share how long the wait was for them between the status change and a letter?

Approved. Migrant fee is out of my account and they have my passport.