Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EWRB Documentation and Questions

Default EWRB Documentation and Questions

Can anybody help me that has gone through the process of gaining a limited certificate from the EWRB. As it can take up to 2 months to get a limited certificate I was planning on applying for the certificate from the UK and then visiting NZ on a holiday visa to look for work. I have been told by NZ immigration that I can apply for a work visa with a job offer and it would take around 10 days to be processed if I went this route and I could then apply for a PR visa.

I have asked the EWRB which of my qualifications they need certified copy's of as I have several that are on the approved list and they won't come back with a clear answer. The ones I have are City and Guilds Electricians Certificate, 236 part 1, 236 part 2, 2391 inspection and testing, 2382 17th edition IEE wiring regulations. Does anybody know if I need to get them all certified by a notary public or can I just get 1 or 2 as I am getting quoted £250 + vat per hour and I have been told that it may take a couple of hours if there is more than a couple of documents.

Can anybody also tell me what format the references need to be in and if I need to get them notarised as well as that will cost a fortune as I have over 30 years of experience with a lot of companies, quite a few are no longer around.

Also does it need to be done by a notary public or can I get somebody of good standing to certify that they are genuine.

Another sticking point is on the application I have to get it signed by a supervisor of electrical work and as I don't yet have a job offer there is no way I can get this signed, I have asked the EWRB and they have just ignored this question.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Gord

Are there no electricians on here that have gone through the EWRB process?

Give them time - don't forget the time difference.

Hi,

It was 8 years since I did it and procedures have changed, so can't help much.

I sent in copies of all certs (not notarised), resume of experience, Technical reference from employer and cover letter.
    They assessed qualifications and let you know if they would grant a provisional licence or not.
    That used to be enough for INZ.
    You then arrived in NZ, got a job then applied for the provisional licence.

I assume you've read this; EWRB Overseas

Try phoning them on 0064 4 494 0260.

Nick.

Hey Gord,

I saw your post, but didn't think I could help at the time, as even though I'm just coming out the back of my Electrical Engineer registration with the EWRB, the requirements are so different to the limited certificate, I thought the best I could do was wish you luck with the EWRB, which would be just a waste of space, but seeing as you seem to be banging your head, I'll have a go.

First off then, I will wish you luck with the EWRB. I have the advantage of being in the same time zone as them, but even so, I have learnt to be patient. I don't think they are being deliberately vague with your questions, just probably overworked and getting many different questions from people with many different levels of experience and qualification, from all over the world. They are just trying to weed out the lesser mortals, (maybe they send them to Oz), and ensure a level of competence and attitude over here. Keep chipping away, once I found a balance somewhere between memorable and annoying I found them very helpful, (maybe it just dawned on them that I was here and I wasn't going away).

I did have a stupid idea that just might work on reviewing your post. Why don't you arrange to do your theory and practical while you are over here on your holiday, then go for your 'unlimited' Electrician licence, and articulate this intention to the EWRB and potential employers while you are over here.

http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/content/publ...s%2051_web.pdf

Just an idea.

John.

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry I could not reply sooner as I have been away and the only internet access I had was on my phone.

Can anybody else who has gone through this process recently tell me what documentation needs to be certified by a public notary.

Hi Guys,

Need help on the detailed work experience for EWRB registration. Please share some samples. Thanks.

Christine

I've replied on your other thread.

Hi
    I hope someone can help us too! Have to send in hubbys work experience to the ewrb but have read you need to stipulate how many hours he worked on each different thing. Is that right? He has 12 years experience it will take forever to do the exact hours.

Could you be so kind to send me a sample or share youre letter? Would be so grateful! Thank you

I don't know about specifying times - can't help with that. But I will send you a PM with the examples as mentioned on bluecheesecake8's other thread.

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast