Thread: Transfer/application for permanent residency

Default Transfer/application for permanent residency

Family and I have had Residency since March 2011, living in NZ since August 2011. I know we are eligible for PR in March 2013 and want to get it sorted as 3 of us are flying to the UK in May. How do we do this? I am finding the info on NZIS site confusing.
    Thanks.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Family and I have had Residency since March 2011, living in NZ since August 2011. I know we are eligible for PR in March 2013 and want to get it sorted as 3 of us are flying to the UK in May. How do we do this? I am finding the info on NZIS site confusing.
    Thanks.
    Can you remind me, did you activate the Residency on a recce in March? Just checking as I seem to remember you doing this. Want to ensure you have the right dates that's all

You basically fill out the form INZ 1175, take it along to your local INZ office with some new passport photos and wait in line. Pay your $180 (per application, not person) and away you go. We qualified on 20 September last year and had PR visas the same day. Hubby waited about 2 hours, but only because he didn't go in first thing. If you get there early doors you'll probably be sorted in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    Can you remind me, did you activate the Residency on a recce in March? Just checking as I seem to remember you doing this. Want to ensure you have the right dates that's all

You basically fill out the form INZ 1175, take it along to your local INZ office with some new passport photos and wait in line. Pay your $180 (per application, not person) and away you go. We qualified on 20 September last year and had PR visas the same day. Hubby waited about 2 hours, but only because he didn't go in first thing. If you get there early doors you'll probably be sorted in an hour.
    Hey good memory..yes we did activate it on our recce trip and NZIS told me ages ago that March 24th was the eligibility date (2013, sorry). I will take the forms/passports to Hamilton and wait then..thank you!