Thread: NZ Job Consultant

Default NZ Job Consultant

Hi All,

Can any one let me knwo about the consultants (IT) who can help me to guide regarding job search ? Is it possible during residency process to get visitor visa & go to NZ for interviews ?

Please confirm

If you go to NZ on a visitor's visa, you have the right to undertake job interviews. Whether, coming from a country from which you have to apply for a visitor's visa, you would be granted one while you have the SMC application in, is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    Hi All,

Can any one let me knwo about the consultants (IT) who can help me to guide regarding job search ? Is it possible during residency process to get visitor visa & go to NZ for interviews ?

Please confirm
    If you don't have a residence visa then no one will call you for an interview (unless you have highly specialized skills) as IT people even with residence visas are like a commodity here. There are many job consultants but applying for jobs through consultants proved to be a waste of time for me but you can give it a try.

I have been reading many forums & in talk with few frnz over NZ who are into IT field. It gives me really a very negative feel of getting job in NZ & most of them saying Aus is better for IT jobs. I dont want to regret my decision of choosing NZ. Practically how long will it take for IT professional to get the job (Field - ICT (Project Manager) & ICT ( Software Engg - J2ee profile) with 8 yrs exp ?

I am in a situtaion where m about to change my prfile from Technical to management. I am not sure how nZ IT will consider my profile? I want to move to management profile but had discussion with one of my frz in NZ who sai ' For PM in IT NZ consider 12+ yrs of exp)... Finger crossed now

Hi Nick,

If you have PM certifications (PMI or PRINCE 2) and atleast some experience in co-ordination etc, you may be able to get entry level PM or Project co-ordination jobs in NZ , however entry level PM jobs will be less paying compared to Java/J2ee developer with 8+ years of experience.
    You can look up various salary level on below web site:
    http://www.itsalaries.co.nz/

Cheers

Hi Nick,
    Have similar situation with you. I'm still struggling to find job here, too.
    The people in Settlement Service said that the most difficult one is to get your first job. Once you get this job (and stay there for a year or so) it is easy for you to to find the job you want. At least at that time you will have bargaining power since you have Kiwi Experience.
    So, they suggested me to tone-down my expectation, and find junior - to mid level jobs..
    For working experience, I don't think it require you for 12+ working exp. In some job advertisement, they require 5 years for Senior PM / BA.. but depends on the organisation too...