Thread: ITA Doc request tactics - is providing more a tactical error or beneficial?

Default ITA Doc request tactics - is providing more a tactical error or beneficial?

I have been asked to provide far, far less documentation than I expected for my ITA submission.

For example, they have only asked for Employment references and not letters of appointment, job descriptions/profiles etc.

Additionally, I have been married and divorced twice and my qualifications (that I'm having IQA'd) are in my second, married name. I thought they might want to see my marriage certs and decree (s) nisi to chart from maiden name to married name 1 to married name 2 (yes I know, not planning anymore).

I really do believe in the principles of keeping things simple, and that would indicate only sending what they've asked for. No need to overcomplicate things

But on the other hand, if I send a supplementary set of documents in my pack at the stage I submit my ITA they would perhaps not need to come back to me with further requests at a later stage, and might help with the timescales, especially if I'm waiting a month for a case officer to be allocated in the first place.

There was also an error in my document request, which said "if I receive an offer of employment before submitting to let them know and to include my IEA" when the reality is I already have a job offer and that is already stated in my EOI and the prepopulated ITA application form. They have confirmed that that this is an error in tailoring the doc request, for which they have apologised, but I'm wondering if this is why they haven't asked for job profiles, etc.

I'm tempted to go for providing everthing I think they might need, but to put that supplementary info at the back of the requested documents, and to include a letter of explanation.

And just a mini rant, if I may be allowed. Why do INZ need to see everything you've already had to send to NZQA for assessment, rather than just the IQA result itself! I can understand if your qualification didn't need IQA, but when it did? Arrrggh!

I'm tempted to go for providing everthing I think they might need, but to put that supplementary info at the back of the requested documents, and to include a letter of explanation.
    I'm with you on this one.

And I'd suggest giving your bundle a cover page, with every piece of evidence described, and listed according to the section of the form it relates to, and numbered, and keep a copy of this cover page. Then, if someone asks you why you haven't given proof of (whatever), further down the line, you can get straight back with, 'Yes, you have this - it's a letter on blue A4 paper from XYZ Associates, number 37 in my bundle,' putting the onus straight back with them to find it.

NZQA and INZ are separate organizations - yes, I know they come under the NZ government, but still. NZQA will have been looking at your stuff only to establish exactly which NZ qualification yours equates most closely to, whereas INZ's brief is to check that you are entitled to all the points you claim (and therefore, to be a Skilled Migrant), whether for qualification, for future growth area, for x years of skilled experience, or whatever it might be. Same paperwork, different purpose.

Me too. When I submitted my ITA to London in mid 2012, I tried to think "OK what questions might my officer have based on this submission: what might raise new questions, or require clarification?" So I included a fair bit of extra documentation--especially around work and my academic credentials--and explained what I did in my cover letter. I also ensured the documentations described in the cover letter were in exactly the same order in my "bundle" so it would be easy for her to find things.

Thanks both. I've gone back over the ITA and cross referenced the document bundle to the questions. I had already given each document a reference number, now I've included a table of contents with a link to the ITA specific questions. It did highlight that there are gaps in what they've asked for against what I think they will need to satisfy themselves, so I;ve put the additional evidence in. If it prevents to-ing and fro-ing with additional requests from the Case Officer that can only speed things up (I hope).

Medicals came this morning completely clear. And my IQA finally ticked over to 'in progress' this morning, that is the only thing I'm waiting for. Oh, except for a letter from the local council confirming DD is now and always has been on the electoral register here, part of my evidence for her 'dependency'. Think I deserve a lie down now

Definitely!

I think you deserve a biscuit too!

I second what JandM said prepare a mega dossier of everything, with contents page and cover slip for each document. Be careful about providing originals and certified copies. I got asked to provide originals for birth certificate and police certificate, they weren't interested in the certified copies I'd sent. If you're in Auckland, the immigration office is on Queen Street and you can just put everything in envelope and hand it in yourself.There's a large box for applications inside the branch and just outside for when branch is closed.