Thread: Contacting to an employer before the interview with CO

Default Contacting to an employer before the interview with CO

Hi all,

does anybody know whether I have to contact to any employer/job agency before doing interview with CO?
    The interview is going to be very soon. Should it be plus or minus point for CO for considering my VISA (PR / WTR)?

Thank you

A CO will be wanting to know what you have done about researching work in NZ your area of skill, and this will almost always include contacting employers and agencies, as well as scanning the advertisements on websites. If you can't show any evidence that you have been job hunting, the CO will find it difficult to score you for employability in NZ.

(PR/WTR)
    Notice, these names are not used since November of 2010. If successful, you get Residence, and if your residence is deferred, you get offered the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa (SMC JSV).

JandM thank you for your effort, you're always helping people. I'm already on the way to send out my CV

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by meccup View Post
    JandM thank you for your effort, you're always helping people. I'm already on the way to send out my CV
    Also, its better to mention this in your interview. In my case CO asked for the mail replies if any from the consultants/companies to be forwarded to her.