Thread: Which Bank?

Default Which Bank?

Narrowing it down to these three on recommendation, but does anyone have any advice to offer reagarding which bank I should go for?

Will be needing a current account and a savings account too

Westpac

ANZ

co operative bank NZ

Thanks

Dave

I have been using ANZ for savings and current(Called "Cheque Account" in NZ) and can recommend them..

I started with National, didn't like them almost from the get-go. Switched to BNZ and so far they're fine. Not awesome, but better than OK. I wanted a credit card that earned Airpoints (since there's no card in NZ for AsiaMiles), which meant ANZ or BNZ and I loathed ANZ when I used them in Australia.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I'm with Westpac. Opened up an account at short notice before arriving. Didn't need me to send reams of paperwork first (like ASB requested). Not had any issues with them at all. We do all our banking online (this is very common here) so we have no charges unless we go into a branch to do something. We've only ever had to do that 2 or 3 times though.

Our credit card is with Kiwibank so we can earn Airpoints. They've been good to us too.

Westpac is whom we started with and they have been great. switched most of our accounts to ASB as better deal on our mortgage but still have kiwisaver with them.

opened my account with National Bank (now ANZ) before coming to NZ using their migrant banking services
    Last edited by lin; 17th January 2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: my poor grammar