Thread: Urgent. NZQA Reprt

Default Urgent. NZQA Reprt

Dear all,

I received and email from NZQA evaluator telling me that she sent me the IQA report after waiting for three months and getting two extensions from INZ London Office.

The delay was because the war in my origin country (Syria). The University there was unable to provide NZQA with a reply to their request about my BA. degree.

She told me that she will help me to meet my deadlines with INZ by sending the report by email. Then I will be able to receive the original copies of my certificates. I can not understand this because I won't be able to send my application without the original copies of certificates.

I applied for NZ immigration as a University Lecturer. I have been working as a university lecturer since 2007. NZQA considered it as comparable to NZ qualifications. However, they names my MA degree another name. It was ( Curricula and Methods of Teaching - English Language) and NZQA said it is a master of ( Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages). Is that ok??? will it affect the decision of INZ evaluator??

Another thing, I asked NZQA to assess my qualifications to be registered at NZ Teachers' Council . The reply was :
    " Unfortunately your qualifications can not be given comparability to a specific recognized teaching qualification in NZ secondary teaching qualifications. That is need some studies in special area for secondary school.

Initial teaching in New Zealand covers the Secondary, Primary, or ECE age ranges,so TESOL qualifications, as you hold, are not regarded as initial teaching qualifications. Please note that teachers of further, adult or tetiary education are not required to be registered in NZ."

Will that affect the decision of INZ evaluator??? that is written on the report itself, except the second part statinf from INITIAL >>>>IN NZ"

The third question is :
    Should I send the report and the letter comes along with report????? or I should send the report only???

I need your replies as soon as possible to send the application to London Office.

Thank you
    Louay

Dear friends,
    I really need your reply...Please help me as soon as possible...
    Thank you a lot

I can't tell you exactly what INZ will think about all this, but here are some reactions to your points above.

It was ( Curricula and Methods of Teaching - English Language) and NZQA said it is a master of ( Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages).
    NZQA's task when preparing an IQA is to look at a foreign qualification, and state what NZ qualification it most closely equates to. They've done that. Somebody who, in NZ had studied the topics you did, to the depth you did, would have received an MA in TESOL.

I asked NZQA to assess my qualifications to be registered at NZ Teachers' Council
    They say they can't do this, for the reasons stated. But if your skill on the application is as a university lecturer, and, as they say, a university lecturer in NZ does not require NZTC registration, does this matter? I don't understand quite why you asked for it.

Should I send the report and the letter comes along with report????? or I should send the report only???
    What do the instructions sent with your ITA ask you to send, from NZQA? Follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I can't tell you exactly what INZ will think about all this, but here are some reactions to your points above.

NZQA's task when preparing an IQA is to look at a foreign qualification, and state what NZ qualification it most closely equates to. They've done that. Somebody who, in NZ had studied the topics you did, to the depth you did, would have received an MA in TESOL.

They say they can't do this, for the reasons stated. But if your skill on the application is as a university lecturer, and, as they say, a university lecturer in NZ does not require NZTC registration, does this matter? I don't understand quite why you asked for it.

What do the instructions sent with your ITA ask you to send, from NZQA? Follow the instructions.

Thank you a lot. I was waiting your reply.

" They say they can't do this, for the reasons stated. But if your skill on the application is as a university lecturer, and, as they say, a university lecturer in NZ does not require NZTC registration, does this matter? I don't understand quite why you asked for it."

What I wanted to say here is that if the INZ evaluator reads that I don't get a registration at Teachers' Council. Will that affect his decision ???? Will he say that that man won't be able to get a job at NZ if I granted him a visa???!!!!

" Should I send the report and the letter comes along with report????? or I should send the report only???
    What do the instructions sent with your ITA ask you to send, from NZQA? Follow the instructions. "

The last time you told me " send the report only". I am asking now because the NZQA evaluator told me in the letter coming along with the report that you have to send the letter with the report to INZ.
    Should I or not??? according to your experience with people who sent their applications.??!!

Thank you a lot..

I really appreciate it.