Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please advise

Default Please advise

I am an Indian passport holder. I am 51 years old. Never Married. I have done Bachelor of Science (Medium of Instructions English), Bachelor of Law (Medium of Instructions, English) and Masters of Arts (Medium of Instructions Not English). I have been working in a Nationalised Bank in India for the last 25 years, which includes 6 years as Team Leader and now 6 years as a Manager. The Bank is fully Computerised and modern Banking facilities/services are provided.
    I have a full time job offer in Auckland Area in an occupation related to my experience in a business who has 6 stores.
    I haven't undertaken IELTS yet.
    I have a younger brother and sister who are both Australian Citizens and are living in Australia.

On the basis of above, am i eligible for PR of NZ?
    If yes, Do I need to take IELTS to prove my language ability? If yes, Do I need to undertake IELTS before submitting Expression of Interest or I can do it later?

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

jasvir Grewal

Quote Originally Posted by jasvirgrewal8 View Post
    I am an Indian passport holder. I am 51 years old. Never Married. I have done Bachelor of Science (Medium of Instructions English), Bachelor of Law (Medium of Instructions, English) and Masters of Arts (Medium of Instructions Not English). I have been working in a Nationalised Bank in India for the last 25 years, which includes 6 years as Team Leader and now 6 years as a Manager. The Bank is fully Computerised and modern Banking facilities/services are provided.
    I have a full time job offer in Auckland Area in an occupation related to my experience in a business who has 6 stores.
    I haven't undertaken IELTS yet.
    I have a younger brother and sister who are both Australian Citizens and are living in Australia.

On the basis of above, am i eligible for PR of NZ?
    If yes, Do I need to take IELTS to prove my language ability? If yes, Do I need to undertake IELTS before submitting Expression of Interest or I can do it later?

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

jasvir Grewal

Hi Jasveer
    The PR is based on the skills which New Zealand needs, check the shortage skills currently needed here - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ls.htm?level=1

You surely need to get your qualification assessed, since you have multiple qualification, it will depend on you which one you want to select to get it assessed.
    It’s better to go for IELTS test and secure over band score of 6.5, it will help.
    Last not the least you need to have a job from NZ accredited employer.

It also depends on the health reports which are needed as well as Character Certificate (Police Clearance)

If your relatives live in Australia, it does not matter to NZ.
    Hope the criteria help to obtain Residency in NZ

I have given the inputs based on my understanding, those much experienced then me will be able to help you with more details.

Hello and welcome.

If you are thinking of applying under the Skilled Migrant scheme, you need to isolate which skill you are presenting in your application, as the previous poster says. Then you need to see what INZ says is the requirement to show you are qualified in that skill. As there are many possible skills in the career you mention, it's not possible to comment on the information given here. Your job offer does not have to be from an accredited employer for Skilled Migrant. On the other hand, if an accredited employer is wanting to help you to an Essential Skills work visa, you still need to meet requirements for that. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entialwork.htm

If you can show letters that your courses were taught entirely in English, you do not have to submit an IELTS score, although many COs have an automatic reaction to ask for this. Normally, if the reply is sent, 'English requirement is proved by letter from X university showing the course was taught in English', that is sufficient (although a CO has the right eventually to ask for IELTS if they have a doubt, but in that case, they have to say why, and, of course, give time for one to be obtained). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm

Respected hemanshumistry and JandM, Thanks a lot for your valuable Input.

I have gone through the links posted by above named posters and on the basis of the information from those links I have decided to go in the Skilled Migrant Category and not for Essential Skills work visa. I have also gone through the skilled occupation lists and on the basis of my Experience and qualification I have narrowed down to the following occupation for nominating for my Skilled Migrant Application.

132211 FINANCE MANAGER

131112 SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER

149212 CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER

142111 RETAIL MANAGER (GENERAL)

Could anyone please advise, which of the above (If you think any other occupation will be more suitable, kindly advise) will be the best to be nominated as an occupation for Skilled Migrant Category (or for the purpose of getting a job offer in). Let me add here that my Employer has 6 retail stores in Auckland region. I would also like to add here that I do not have any formal qualification in Management (I have done CAIIB part-1 (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance)) but as mentioned in my initial post I have an experience of 25 years of working in a Nationalised Bank in India, which includes 6 years as Team Leader and now 6 years as a Manager.

Someone Kindly advise what documentation I require from my employer for the purpose of submitting as supporting documents with my skilled migrant application.

Do I need to get my qualifications assessed before EOI or only once I get invited to apply?

Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,
    Jasvir Grewal

Respected hemanshumistry and JandM, Thanks a lot for your valuable Input.

I have gone through the links posted by above named posters and on the basis of the information from those links I have decided to go in the Skilled Migrant Category and not for Essential Skills work visa. I have also gone through the skilled occupation lists and on the basis of my Experience and qualification I have narrowed down to the following occupation for nominating for my Skilled Migrant Application.

132211 FINANCE MANAGER

131112 SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER

149212 CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER

142111 RETAIL MANAGER (GENERAL)

Could anyone please advise, which of the above (If you think any other occupation will be more suitable, kindly advise) will be the best to be nominated as an occupation for Skilled Migrant Category (or for the purpose of getting a job offer in). Let me add here that my Employer has 6 retail stores in Auckland region. I would also like to add here that I do not have any formal qualification in Management (I have done CAIIB part-1 (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance)) but as mentioned in my initial post I have an experience of 25 years of working in a Nationalised Bank in India, which includes 6 years as Team Leader and now 6 years as a Manager.

Someone Kindly advise what documentation I require from my employer for the purpose of submitting as supporting documents with my skilled migrant application.

Do I need to get my qualifications assessed before EOI or only once I get invited to apply?

Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,
    Jasvir Grewal
    Hi there -
    The Skilled Mig. Cat. works on point based system - the minimum point you will need is 100, I am sure you will be aware of this, this will help you to officially apply for EOI and once the EOI is selected from the pool you will get the invitation to apply. You can check the EOI selection trend from www.immigration.govt.nz
    Coming to your choice of shortlisted designation - Are you sure these occupation are from the New Zealand Long term/ Short term list ? Have not seen these codes as well as these designation on the short list, I suggest have a second look at these.
    Once you decide the designation you can fit in, the qualification needed is also mentioned in the list, check if you have these qualification and then go for your qualification assessment.
    Which designation you want to pick and suits your role and qualification - no one will be able to tell, it will be you who have to decide which one you think suits you the best and get it assessed.
    You can apply for EOI without getting your IQA done but getting it done before you apply for EOI helps applicant to be sure of the points he can claim.
    Once you qualify and apply for EOI and gets selected - receive ITA (Invite to apply) and lodged your application with immigration - that will be the time you can provide the immigration authorities with your offer letter - to my knowledge you need to provide only the offer letter to INZ but still long way to go -
    Please read the ops. manual provided on the immigraition website - for step by step approach and take each step at a time. All the best

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    Coming to your choice of shortlisted designation - Are you sure these occupation are from the New Zealand Long term/ Short term list ? Have not seen these codes as well as these designation on the short list, I suggest have a second look at these.
    Dear Hemanshumistry,

I may be missing something but my understanding is that the the job offer should be 'offer of skilled employment in New Zealand' and I further understand that Occupations are ‘skilled’ if they are listed as skill levels one, two or three on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). These are all listed in INZ operational manual at Appendix 6: List of Skilled Occupations http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/skilledemployment/default.htm.

Please clarify

Dear Hemanshumistry,

I may be missing something but my understanding is that the the job offer should be 'offer of skilled employment in New Zealand' and I further understand that Occupations are ‘skilled’ if they are listed as skill levels one, two or three on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). These are all listed in INZ operational manual at Appendix 6: List of Skilled Occupations http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/skilledemployment/default.htm.

Please clarify
    To clarify based on my understanding, if you are going by SMC route as mentioned earlier by yourself, to qualify for SMC - these should be met - Please check this link http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ls.htm?level=2

It states -
    " Skilled Migrant Category
    If you are applying for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category and you have an offer of employment, work experience, or qualifications in an area of work on the Long-term List, you may gain bonus points towards your application for residence."

You are both right.

But hemanshumistry's point about proving qualification in the skill is valid. If you use the LTSSL, that clearly shows exactly what INZ will pass as 'qualified'. If you look up the other careers in the ANZSCO list, it isn't quite as explicit there.

For instance, for the Finance Manager, it says this.

Group: 1322 Finance Managers
    Description plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the financial and accounting activities within organisations.
    Tasks
    •determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating budgetary and accounting strategies, policies and plans in consultation with other Managers
    •providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs
    •coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems
    •directing the preparation of financial reports that summarise and forecast the organisation's financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income
    •assessing capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects
    •advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
    •delivering long range profit forecasts, budgeting and financial reporting
    •ensuring compliance with financial legislation and standards
    Skill Level
    Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Dear JandM ,

On the basis of the information provided by you in last post I understand that I can still go ahead with an application in the Skilled Migrant Category with a job offer (employment offer) in any of the four occupations narrowed down upon by me, but as these occupations are not in the demand lists, to score the points for the ‘skilled job offer’ the onus will be on me to prove that the job offer (employment offer) is ‘skilled’ and I can prove that by following the ANZSCO and Proving that I have either qualification or relevant experience mentioned in ANZSCO as ‘Indicative Skill Level’ required for that particular occupation and the tasks included in the ‘job offer/employment offer’ are similar to those in ANZSCO for the same skilled occupation.

Kind Regards,
    Jasvir Grewal

That is my understanding also. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast