Thread: legal residency proof in US for INZ?

Default legal residency proof in US for INZ?

Hi everyone, I`m not sure anyone had to deal with this one before but let`s see

We are residents of the Czech Republic but have been in the US for the last 14years. We will be claiming some points on EOI for experience in the job on the long term skill shortage list (Project Builder) for our Skill Migrant Visa. My question is, Does the INZ usually also request proof of residency, visas and stuff like that from a country that you live now when it is not country of birth or do they even care? (to claim the points it has to be in a country with the same labor market (which US is) and has to be legal (which we have).
    I know, strange question, I`m just trying to get togehter all the stuff we might need down the road and prepare for everything before we take the leap.
    Thank You

I am not sure, we were living in US as US and UK citizens and so they saw everything when we sent our passports etc in and we applied as US citizens. Are you on a visa or green card?

just visa. but we now have new passports as the old ones expired long time ago so there is no record in them that we even ever came to US Not sure if they will want to see something or not. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iveta View Post
    just visa. but we now have new passports as the old ones expired long time ago so there is no record in them that we even ever came to US Not sure if they will want to see something or not. thanks
    Hi when you are applying from any country apart from your country of citizenship/birth, INZ wants to verify whether you are a legal resident of the current country of residence during the time of application. When we applied for a work visa in 2011 INZ wanted to verify the valid status of our US stay. so we had to send visa stampings on passport and valid I797 approvals etc. thats part of INZ's checks. I am not sure whether they want to see everything right from the start.. but the current valid status is a must for INZ.. hope that helps

thank you so much, this help!