Thread: Smc application with job offer in london branch

Default Smc application with job offer in london branch

Hi all,

I have lodged my application with the london branch on 26th september.and it has been 3.5 months but there is no decison yet.I got an email from the CO on 11 Jan that he didnt get the time to process my appication in december.so he would do it now.so anyone share his expereince that anyone who has taken longer than that for approval with the job offer.as far as my research is concerned most of the people have gotten well before 3 month window.so honetly still doestnt know how much more time CO would take to decide.

please share your experience

That seems a long time. Is your job offer with an approved employer, in an area of absolute skills shortage?

my jonb offer is absolute shortage skils list also on the Canterbury shortage list also as my job is in the canterbury region.but my employer is not approved but i i dont understadn why the CO is so easy about it they say 3 months for processing with job offer and even they have evetything.just wondering how long they would take more to rpocess it

A delay doesn't have to be because of issues with your own case. Even for people fast-tracked because of a job offer, the COs will be working other, similar cases in rotation, so maybe he got held up on an issue with one of those, meaning he's only just got to yours. As he now says he's looking at yours, and you're sure you've sent everything necessary, here's hoping it goes quickly from this point on.

('They say three months with job offer' - ALL the timings mentioned by INZ have to be seen as guesswork based on recent averages, because there is possible variation of how many cases come in at once, how complicated cases are, and working conditions, e.g. sick leave or people leaving, in the office.)