Thread: Visa Query - Please advise

Question Visa Query - Please advise

Hi all,
    I am a new member just joined hoping to find answers.
    Just to give you some background, me, my wife and my son will be travelling together to New Zealand.
    I have an offer of employment and I am applying under Work to residence visa (Accredtied Employer).
    But Form 1015 for me does not have any section for my wife and son.
    Which forms should I use for them?
    1- My wife wants to apply for a visa which would allow her to work so should I use Form 1015 for her also?
    2- My son is 2 years 3 months. Which visa should I apply for him? Student visa (Form 1012) as I want to send him to pre-school and all?

Also please tell me which other forms do I need to provide alongside for my family such as sponsorship form or something?

I would really appreciate your prompt response.

Regards,
    omarslb

No response????

Hello and welcome.

(We have members all round the world in different time zones, so don't forget that many people who might be able to help will be asleep when you ask a question - !)

You need to look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm for instructions, as your wife will need the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. Look under the section Your partner holds a New Zealand work visa. Then, see also http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/.

She needs to use the same form you did. Notice there is a different place to tick for whichever visa you are applying for. She also needs the support form, filled in by you.

Here are the details of what you need to do about your son. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iningmyfamily/

You can send all your forms in together, linking the applications with a covering letter, and the CO will work them as one case, providing the details that you won't know to start with, such as your visa number, once they become available.

Thanks for the info.
    I have read somewhere, for dependent child under 5 use Form 1017 (Visitor) otherwise use Form 1012 (Student). Is that correct?
    If my son enters as a visitor, can I send him to day care or pre-school kind a thing? Is there any age restriction for kids to be entered in school?

I have read somewhere, for dependent child under 5 use Form 1017 (Visitor) otherwise use Form 1012 (Student). Is that correct?
    It USED TO BE the case that if a child was too young for kindy, or play groups, they went in as a visitor, but once old enough for those, they needed a student visa. However, there was a change in the regulations last July, which seems to be leading to the advice you're quoting here.

If my son enters as a visitor, can I send him to day care or pre-school kind a thing?
    I haven't heard from anyone who has gone this route recently. Can anyone help?

Is there any age restriction for kids to be entered in school?
    For actual school, NZ requires a child to be in full time education from the age of 6, but normal practice is that a child starts school ON their fifth birthday. (It's a really pleasant ritual - the kindy does a special congratulatory goodbye to fly up their eldest child the day before, as they leave, then the school gives them a big welcome, so everybody knows whose little relative or neighbour this is.)

Thanks JandM.
    So any experiences anyone, if my son can attend pre-school or day care or play group on Visit visa? He is 2 years 3 months.
    Regards

sophiedb may be able to help with this - she works in a school office and has access to official regulations, I believe.

I contacted the immigration department directly and they advised the following:
    "You may lodge an application for a student visa for your child when he starts attending primary school. At this stage given his age, it is best that you apply for a visitor visa for him."
    So thats what I have done ..... thanks for your help JandM.
    Regards

Thanks for the update.