Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parent Category: EOI

Default Parent Category: EOI

I am stuck with what to do about my EOI Application under the Identity Section Question's A7 & B7. Asks for our Birth Certificate Number's. Applied for B/C's in June 2012 (South Africa). A week ago was told I have been sent Vault Copies instead. Have to re-apply & hoping this time they get it right, but sadly will not recieve them in time. So that leaves me with a problem of not having those B/C No's so that I can complete my EOI & submit it in time for the Feb 2013 Draw.
    My daughter in NZ called Immigration & was told I must attach a note stating the problem & also a copy of the receipt.
    Does this sound correct?
    Those of you who have already submitted your EOI's, how did you send yours.....by Courier to physical address or by Post to the P.O. Box Address as stated on the INZ 1202?
    Thanks
    Janette

My daughter in NZ called Immigration & was told I must attach a note stating the problem & also a copy of the receipt.
    Does this sound correct?
    Yes. INZ are very good, generally, about problems caused by other countries'/departments' mess-ups, as long as you show them that you've done whatever you could about it, by providing an account of (proof if possible) the ways you've been after them to put things right, several times if necessary, who you've spoken to, what you've been told, etc..

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes. INZ are very good, generally, about problems caused by other countries'/departments' mess-ups, as long as you show them that you've done whatever you could about it, by providing an account of (proof if possible) the ways you've been after them to put things right, several times if necessary, who you've spoken to, what you've been told, etc..
    Thanks JandM, all I have to provide as proof is a copy of my receipts dating June 2012. Our Home Affairs Department where we apply in South Africa tell you it can take up to 6 months to issue the Birth Certificates so one doesn't follow it up too often & when we do we only get to speak to a Call Centre Agent who can only tell us when it's ready for collection. To my horrow, 6 months later (Jan 2013) they issue the incorrect Certificate. I have since re-applied even though they have to still correct the mistake & re-issue but I'm not going to risk waiting for the re-issue which could take another 6 months In saying that my new application could also take another 6 months. So I'm thinking as I don't have anything but my receipt(June2012) & my re-application receipt(Jan2013), it may not be enough to convince INZ. So very frustrating as we have been waiting so long for our daughter to be able to sponsor us.
    Decisions, decisions....... do we take a chance with INZ or wait for the next draw after the Feb one & hope we by then will have the B/Certificates.
    thanks again JandM

Take a chance. You won't be the only South Africans INZ have ever dealt with - they'll be well up with what they're like. It's worth a go.

I didn't have a full birth certificate at the time i submitted my EOI so I put the number of the short version in. TBH I though the number would be constant. But when I got a new copy of my full birth certificate from the GRO here in the UK the number was different.

When you do your ITA there is a section to record any amendments since your EOI, and of course that is the time when you have to provide the physical evidence. So, in your place, I too would go for it with the EOI submission.

Thanks JandM & RedVee, going to give it a go & attach copies of my receipts of both times I've applied for the Unabridged Birth Certificates.

Well it's done.........sent off our Family Parent Category EOI. Now we we play the waiting game.

Good luck.

The worst possible thing has happened.....my EOI Doc's have arrived in NZ & they have got wet. I am so mad right now

Update on my wet EOI documents: My daughter called Immigration, told them about the wet docs & that she would make copies & Courier them all together. They were excepted & went into the draw. Now playing the waiting game. As you can see by this post the problem I'm experiencing with Home Affairs South Africa........still no Unabridged Certificates. I went through all my personal papers & found Unabridged Certificates I had applied for & recieved in 2000 BUT they are all hand written with the Home Affairs Official Stamp. In 2000 no Certificates were computer printed. My question is....will Immigration except those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast