Thread: Police Certificate from Turkey

Default Police Certificate from Turkey

Hello Friends,

I hope you all are well.

Well, I've sent my ITA documents, but I received mail from London Branch, on missing document of Turkish Police certificate. I've been in Turkey from July 2008 to July 2009 on contract work and I've never been there after that.

To get police certificate from Turkey either I can approach Embassy or I've to send application to Ankara Police office.

I asked with Turkish Embassy in Uzbekistan, here to provide me police certificate with all required documents, but they replied me with very long process

What I would like to know if some one can share if any foreigner worked in Turkey, and his current residency is not in Turkey? how he manage to get police certificate from Turkey.

Which documents I've to sent to Ankara police office and how long it would take me to get it? any experiences.

If some fellow is in Ankara can assists me to get it, I can give all my residency permit copies together with VISA and passport with Scan + required fees.

BR.

I don't know about turkey pcc requirements, but if you are expat working other country you should provide
    your visa page photocopies, passport front and back pages and sometimes visa stamping pages during your stay in turkey,
    employment contract and current photographs and pcc fees.
    You mention they replied you back with long process, what did they tell you? and How much time?

This site - link here whilst intended for US migration has useful info in it for Turkey:

Q. How and where do I obtain one?

A. If you live in Turkey

You should apply for a police certificate from the General Prosecutor’s Office, which has branches located in each city. You will need to present your birth certificate or passport, if you are a foreign resident. The police certificate must include the results of a search of “archived” records.

If you live outside Turkey
    You may write to the Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara:

Turkiye Cumhuriyeti
    Adalet Bakanligi
    Adli Sicil Genel Mudurlugu
    Tuna Caddesi No. 10
    Ankara

You may also apply to the Turkish Embassy in your current country of residence to obtain a police certificate.

Sorry, but I can't find anything on timescales.

And offering to give your visa, etc to a total stranger is a bad idea in my opinion, even if you think it will speed things up.
    Last edited by RedVee; 18th January 2013 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks for answers my friends. Well Turkish Embassy here asked me to send official request from your Govt, and then then they will send to their Govt. Govt will contact to police and police will then contact to Judiciary dept. Its too long process 3-4 months. What I know from my Turkish Colleagues here that they've online system and even Embassy is not helping much to their requests as well

If is there any Turkish Colleague who can help me out locally then I would like to have his/her contact in my message .

Here is what I found in some other forums:

I strongly suggest that you follow the (English!) instructions provided by the government of Turkey: www.adlisicil.adalet.gov.tr/yurtdisi.html
    Police certificates can be obtained in 5 minutes, for 5 TL, when requested in person in Turkey, so I guess it will take less than 3-4 months for you to get yours through a consulate and that it will not be too expensive.
    The document you need is "Adlî sicil ve arşiv kaydı".

Just update to this topic, we did POA and sent to one contact in Turkey, and from Ankara police station she got certificate on behalf of me in an hour. getting POA and stamping it from several depts was not easy either.

http://www.adlisicil.adalet.gov.tr/en/abroad_app.html
    Application From Abroad
    Requests for police certificates of Turkish citizens living abroad and of foreign citizens who have stayed in Turkey should be made directly by the persons concerned via Turkish Consulates located in the country of living or staying. Applicants should write a petition, sign it, enclose the copy of a valid idendity card. Police certificates can be prepared in three languages; English, German, French. Please state the language of the certificate you prefer in your petition.