Thread: Was granted Visa residence....can some one put the description into laymans terms for me please haha

Question Was granted Visa residence....can some one put the description into laymans terms for me please haha

Ok so was granted Residence Visa on my application online it says the following:

Visa - Resident
    Expiry - Indefinite
    Expiry Date Travel - 28th November 2014
    Visa Conditions - Visa valid for further travel for 24 month(s) from first arrival. Initial stay subject to grant of entry permission. Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions. Please apply for transfer of this visa when the passport expires. This visa is subject to conditions imposed under s49 of the Immigration Act 2009. Holder must take up employment offer within 3 months of first entry to New Zealand and remain in that employment for a period of at least 3 months.

So what I'm after is for someone to simplify what it means exactly haha....do we need to do anything else now? Does this mean we can/cannot travel outside NZ for a holiday within the 24months?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate anyones help

Okay, so you've got Residence with a Section 49(1) condition on, and 2 years' travel conditions.

(Not the bit you're asking about, but might as well say the lot!) The Section 49(1) will have been because part of your points which got your EOI selected were down to a job offer - you had to take up the job within three months of arrival, and work at it for three months, after which, still working there, you contact INZ and they will replace the visas you now have with Residence visas WITHOUT that condition.

Then, the 2 years' travel conditions give you the freedom to come and go from NZ as you wish. After two years from your arrival date in NZ, depending on when you will have met the requirements (see link below), you can progress to having PR (permanent residence) visas, which will allow you to come and go freely forever. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Okay, so you've got Residence with a Section 49(1) condition on, and 2 years' travel conditions.

(Not the bit you're asking about, but might as well say the lot!) The Section 49(1) will have been because part of your points which got your EOI selected were down to a job offer - you had to take up the job within three months of arrival, and work at it for three months, after which, still working there, you contact INZ and they will replace the visas you now have with Residence visas WITHOUT that condition.

Then, the 2 years' travel conditions give you the freedom to come and go from NZ as you wish. After two years from your arrival date in NZ, depending on when you will have met the requirements (see link below), you can progress to having PR (permanent residence) visas, which will allow you to come and go freely forever. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Thanks for JandM

So my hubby commenced work on the 10th Dec, so 3 months would be 10th March. Is he able to travel outside of NZ prior to that 3 months? His employer wants to send him to OZ for a week prior to being employed for 3 months so i just wanted to make sure there are no implications leaving or getting back in etc?

Really appreciate your help, you are always so helpful to everyone, you do a very good job

Thanks

Rach & Louis

Quote Originally Posted by rach&lou View Post
    Thanks for JandM

So my hubby commenced work on the 10th Dec, so 3 months would be 10th March. Is he able to travel outside of NZ prior to that 3 months? His employer wants to send him to OZ for a week prior to being employed for 3 months so i just wanted to make sure there are no implications leaving or getting back in etc?

Really appreciate your help, you are always so helpful to everyone, you do a very good job

Thanks

Rach & Louis
    He can travel freely for the first 2 years, so yes.

Ian

Sorry for that word, 'then', being misleading - I didn't mean to imply you could only travel after sorting out the Section 49(1) condition. The two years' conditions run from when he activated his visa upon arrival in NZ, so he has been, and is, entitled to travel out of the country and return, at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry for that word, 'then', being misleading - I didn't mean to imply you could only travel after sorting out the Section 49(1) condition. The two years' conditions run from when he activated his visa upon arrival in NZ, so he has been, and is, entitled to travel out of the country and return, at any time.
    Great Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    He can travel freely for the first 2 years, so yes.

Ian
    Great Thanks Ian

Can anyone help explain my visa. My daughter is sponsoring me for 5 years, so I have a 5 year (60months) visa with conditions of s49 attached. Trying to work out if I can work or not.

Yes, you can, or run a business, or study.