Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Call for Interview

Question Finally Call for Interview

Hi All,

After a long time i am posting to this forum, finally my CO asked me for interview call. Its now more than 1.5 years my circumstances changed, about a month ago i had applied for Australia student visa which is now approved and i m going there in next month.

I need your help how i can communicate this thing to my CO, is there any -ve impact on my case?

What study is it that you intend to do in Australia? (This may affect the reply to your question.)

Its Masters in IT and kindly explain in detail how it may effect?

Have you mention your CO anytime during process for SMC resident visa application that your are going to Australia for further studies? I may be completely wrong here but if you have not mention it to CO and interview conducted based on your skill category then you need to tell CO anything about study at this moment, because she will think that you are not capable enough to find a job in NZ and that why even if I they give you resident visa he/she might opt for education just to be in NZ and that will not count as skilled migrant's contribution. I am saying don't lie but don't tell the truth as well (its better to be quite)

During the interview time, CO will check the passport page by page and eventually discover the student visa!!

Hi farzanakhan123, I guess nzimmi must have given passport photocopies longtime during EOI submission and that time he had intention of migrating to NZ but later as the months pass by his priorities and decision got changed and decided to go to Aus for Masters so CO need not be having the visa page {that page at CO's end will be blank} only nzimmi can highlight us on this.

Actually process started for study in Nov 2012 end and it will be stamped in this week probably.

For NZ immigration i had sent the photocopies only and the time of interview she/he have this. I have asked other friends as well mostly says to be quite @zednic20's, but the thing is at any stage i need to tell about my future plans but i am afraid it may effect my case.

I m in middle of making decision and m thinking of completing first semester as fees paid and then move to NZ(June-July).
    Last edited by nzimmi; 21st January 2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzimmi View Post
    Its Masters in IT and kindly explain in detail how it may effect?
    I was thinking mainly of the length of time of the course. If it were to be for a longer time than the formalities for issuing Residence, should the CO decide to grant you it, that would be the major obstacle.

For instance, suppose you are offered Residence shortly after interview. You have six months to send in your passport for the visa, then another 12 months to validate the visa by coming to NZ. So there is an expectation that you could be in NZ by - say (depending on exact dates on NZ letters) - August or September of 2014. The CO is going to want to check that your course will allow you to do this. The INZ operational manual specifically says that anyone intending to study when they arrive in NZ is not to be granted Residence http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i43652.htm (because by the SMC route they're coming in as a skilled worker), so it's not likely they would allow for the leeway of, 'I will validate the visa with a quick visit, and then go back to my course in Australia for the remaining x months/years.'

Then there is also the question of the subject matter of the course. If your qualifications and work experience, proved on your ITA, are already in the area of IT, there wouldn't be a problem - in fact, the master's would be an asset to your application. But supposing your proven skill is in some other career, and the master's in IT is a change of direction, this would tend to signal that you would not be intending to contribute the other skill to NZ's economy.

Reacting to other, later, posts - if the timing would fit, and if the subject matter fits, you have a perfect right to the 6 months + 12 months built into the visa system. And it's to your credit to get to be better qualified. INZ don't expect people's lives to come to a standstill while waiting in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by farzanakhan123 View Post
    During the interview time, CO will check the passport page by page and eventually discover the student visa!!
    Does the CO check the passport page by page during the interview process. i thought during the interview CO will just go through some question and all verification are done before the interview

@JANDM
    The length of course is 1.5 years ending at August 2014 and its a continuity of my previous education and experience both are in IT. Yes the plus point is its an asset to my application.

Now i am re-iterating my doubts regarding my higher education in Australia. My CO may asked below questions during interview as i haven't inform on the student visa, as it may stamped this week and in next week i have interview.

-> My Future plans, i need to tell about study.
    -> Why study in Australia, why not in NZ?
    -> If you are intend to study for a period of 1.5 years then what is the benefit of issuing PR/Work Visa?

Here are my intentions and possibilities towards Study

-> After a wait of 1.5 years no response from NZ immigration, i decided for further study.
    -> Based on feedback and course content i selected Australian university.
    -> My priority is still PR and if i required to stop study i will do, but want to complete at least one semester as i paid for this. It will be good if NZ immigration laws allow a period of 6 month + 12 month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast