Thread: Applying for visitor visa with ongoing SMC application

Default Applying for visitor visa with ongoing SMC application

Hi guys,

A friend of mine invited me for a visit in NZ some time in april 2013. with this, i have some clarifications in my mind. I hope you can help me on this.

1. I will be applying for a visitor visa and will not include my partner in this application. I understand that SMC application will have no effect in my visitor visa application but since the whole family is included in our SMC application, my concern is, will there be an effect in my visitor visa application after lodging it since partner is not included? My partner will not be able to join due to she will not be able to go on vacation during that time because of project delivery priorities.

2. I have check on the requirements and found a checklist. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...istNov2012.pdf

- My form will be INZ1189 forless than six months visit. Do i need to have INZ 1025 for sponsorship as well? or letter of invitation from my friend stating his status as resident and that they will be accomodating me during my stay would do?

3. I believe medical and character reference will no longer needed right?

Thanks!

any similar experiance from anyone?

If there's nobody who has done this, you can check with INZ.

Yup, i guess i will just share my experience for this case later... thanks JandM!