Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're here!

Default We're here!

We arrived tea time Thursday after a fairly uneventful flight. Kids did really well on the journey and managed to get plenty of sleep. As you can imagine we have been busy bees since we arrived sorted out bank accounts, bought a car and bought essential bits for the house. We move in on Friday which might help with the current 'being on holiday' feeling. It is gorgeous weather here on the Kapiti Coast at the moment so we have managed to find time to go the beach and pool.

So impressed with how friendly everyone is and how getting things organised has been pretty straightforward - just hoping that it continues in that vein especially with sorting out school/nursery.

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Which car did you end up going with? I am trying to figure out a mom mobile for myself.

Woo hoo!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Welcome You can change your location in your profile now

so pleased to hear it went well. We have 2 months and 3 weeks to go but my husband moves over in just 3 weeks. where abouts in kapiti coast have you moved too? we were thinking of there, either p'ram beach or rumati beach. I think my husband is going to have a look round and see for himself to make the final decision as he wasnt with me when i had a tour round there x let us know how you get on x

All the best in your new home.

welcome....beautiful time of year to arrive..enjoy!

Congratulations! Happy to hear that your kiddos did well on the flight too.

We went for a Yaris - same as I had in UK just a different colour (and a tad more expensive)

Quote Originally Posted by macaulay View Post
    so pleased to hear it went well. We have 2 months and 3 weeks to go but my husband moves over in just 3 weeks. where abouts in kapiti coast have you moved too? we were thinking of there, either p'ram beach or rumati beach. I think my husband is going to have a look round and see for himself to make the final decision as he wasnt with me when i had a tour round there x let us know how you get on x
    We are in Raumati Beach and love it as has everything we need close by, hubby hasn't done the commute yet but he thinks it won't be anywhere near as bad as what he was used to in UK

Manks - thanks for the reminder, something very pleasing about changing location!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast