Thread: Queries regarding resident visa stamping

Default Queries regarding resident visa stamping

My resident visa status changed from pending to APPROVED today. I have few questions regarding visa stamping in passport and first entry to NZ.I am Indian citizen and applied to INZ new delhi office when I was present in India. Currently I am working out of India.

1. Within how many days we need to get visa stamping in passport and pay migrant levy fees( after getting email from INZ for AIP )?

2. My case was processed at INZ new delhi office. Is it mandatory that I need to get visa stamping from new delhi office only? Can I get the visa stamping done from other INZ office i.e. London? For Indian citizen it is illegal to send passport to/from India to other country through courier.

3.after getting visa stamped passport back within how many days/months we need to make first entry to NZ ?

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your help.

Congratulations!

1. You have six months to pay the migrant levy and have the visa stuck in your passport. (It is a sticker, not a stamp.) The exact date will be in your paperwork when it comes through, which may not be for two or three weeks.

2. From what other people have said, I THINK I remember that it's possible to arrange to use a different office, but this is something to raise with your CO.

3. The visa has to be activated by arriving in NZ within a year of the date on the visa itself. (You have approximately 18 months, therefore, from the date on your official paperwork when it arrives. But when planning your travel, if it's at the end of the 6 months for your passport, then the 12 months for activation, remember to allow for possible delays and cancellations on the way. Arriving in NZ one day after the deadline would mean the visa had 'died', and all this would have been for nothing.)

Thanks JandM for your detailed reply.

1. I have got email from visa officer regarding Approved in Principle. VO has given 6 months validity to pay migrant levy and visa stamping.

2. My application was submitted and processed at INZ new delhi office. Currently I am out of India and not planning to visit home country for few months.I am going to ask VO whether I can send passport to any other INZ office for stamping(sending passport to India through courier is not legal). If someone has done visa stamping at other INZ office please let me know.

3. For example if my visa expiry date is Aug 2014 and my passport expired by Feb 2014.Do i need to make first entry by Feb 2014 OR I can renew passport and make first entry by visa expiry date Aug 2014 ( travelling with old passport having visa sticker and new passport ) ?

Appreciate your reply for point 3.

3. For example if my visa expiry date is Aug 2014 and my passport expired by Feb 2014.Do i need to make first entry by Feb 2014 OR I can renew passport and make first entry by visa expiry date Aug 2014 ( travelling with old passport having visa sticker and new passport ) ?
    You could travel on your present passport while it is valid. It is not now legal to use a new passport while showing the visa in an old, expired passport. You have to pay the necessary fee to the nearest INZ office, and have the visa tranferred into the new passport. (Or you could choose to renew your passport early, so as to get the visa put into the new on in the first place.)

HI all
    I have done some reading on the resident visa sticker itself @ http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...visalabels.htm, and saw images of actual resident visa stickers that some kind souls posted online.

my questions:
    1. For "resident visa" granted without job offer, what is stated in your "Visa expiry" column - indefinite?
    2. Assuming it is "indefinite", then is the scenario below considered valid?
    let us take a hypothetical case:
    Visa start date: Aug 2015
    First entry before: Aug 2016
    Expiry date travel: Aug 2018
    Visa expiry: indefinite

partner entered NZ in July 2016. Leave NZ and return to home country a week later. Return to NZ again in July 2018.

Is partner still lawful to remain in NZ, even that she has been out of NZ for most part of the initial 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by maldiniho View Post
    1. For "resident visa" granted without job offer, what is stated in your "Visa expiry" column - indefinite?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by maldiniho View Post
    2. Assuming it is "indefinite", then is the scenario below considered valid?
    let us take a hypothetical case:
    Visa start date: Aug 2015
    First entry before: Aug 2016
    Expiry date travel: Aug 2018
    Visa expiry: indefinite

partner entered NZ in July 2016. Leave NZ and return to home country a week later. Return to NZ again in July 2018.
    Is partner still lawful to remain in NZ, even that she has been out of NZ for most part of the initial 2 years?
    T answer is Yes. Only the main applicant has to fulfill the criteria for for Permanent Residence Visa.

Agreed.

Hi All,

Today, I got the confirmation email from my CO that migrant levy amount has been deducted and instructed me to send the passport to New Delhi for VISA stamping. Below is the link I received from him, which has details about the payment:

https://www.ttsnzvisa.com/

Could you please confirm whether I need to courier my passport to the below address, which I found through Google search.

India Branch
    C/o T T Services,
    No 214-217, A Block,
    Naurang House
    21 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
    New Delhi 110 001

It would be great, if I could get instruction on this final process & details pertaining to the supporting documents that needs to be send along with the passport for VISA stamping. Sharing any link for the same will be handy as well.

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks,
    Shankar

Hi Shankar

Please contact the TT services(https://www.ttsnzvisa.com/in-en/Contact-Us) near your city. They will send the passports to Immigration office in New Delhi. I think it will be more secured than courier. Also u need to pay them 250 Rupees . I heard they will not accept credit card payment and only accept bank demand draft.

Hello All,

I need your help.

I have work visa until June 2017. I have recently renewed my passport which i received on Wednesday 30-11-16. My resident visa got approved in principle (Online Status Changed) on Thursday 1-12-16. Do I still need to transfer my existing work visa on my new passport and then send again for resident visa stamping or can I send both passports (Old and New) to them once i get AIP letter and get it stamped directly with my new Resident Visa label?

Also mean time my Wife's visa is running out on 14th days (She got given work visa half the length of my existing visa). Since I haven't got my resident visa stamped on my new passport yet should I apply her visa now with attested copy of my old passport as a partner of work visa holder or partner of resident visa holder. Guys please help me as I am very confused.