Thread: Which visa to go for?

Default Which visa to go for?

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are heading over to new zealand at the end of the year with the aim of making it a permanent move. We are going to apply for working holiday visas initially to get us out there as we will both be under 30 when we apply for it and hopefully keep us going and be in a better position to interview if the opportunity arrises. From the other posts I understand getting interviews are more likely when you're actually there to attend them, but we will also apply before we leave. I work in management information as a developer with 5 years experience and my skillset is more or less on the LTSSL (databases with a computer science degree) and my girlfriend is a primary school teacher 7 years experience and special needs coordinator in a mainstream school (special needs teachers are on the LTSSL).

Is it worth doing an EOI in general or with the skilled migrant part to get the ball rolling?
    Is it ok to have a working holiday visa and apply through the EOI before we go?

Thanks

Andy

Hello.

Is it worth doing an EOI in general or with the skilled migrant part to get the ball rolling?
    I don't understand the 'or' in this - an EOI is the first step in applying for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category.

It's perfectly all right to go out on WHVs while already having applied under SMC.