Thread: Interview

Angry Interview

Hi There,

whom do i report to in case some of the questions posed by my interviewer is beyond the tolerance level.? Some details regarding your spouse is fine in case one apllies for visa under partnership category.

Certain personal questions were un-warranted.

Thanks
    vignesh

Here is the INZ page regarding their complaints process. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ntsprocess.htm

I'm sorry you feel offended, but I would say, BE CAREFUL in deciding to lodge any complaint before you have an outcome for your case. You need this CO's positive attitude towards you.

Are you sure you are taking into account the reasons why this interview happens? INZ is guarding against fraudulent claims for partnership visas, where people pay a NZ national to fake a relationship so that they can get access to life in NZ. Officials are INZ government investigators. The questioning about private life which can well be involved in establishing that the partners REALLY know one another and live together are bound to go far beyond social norms. In some cases, INZ officials even make unannounced home visits to see that both partners ARE living in partnership in the same accommodation.

Hi Vignesh,

I am sorry, but request you to please let me know some details about it.

Did you apply to New Delhi or Beijing branch? If it is New Delhi, did they ask you to appear in - person?

Sorry, but this will help us in preparation for interview.

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju.

Hi JandM,

My intention is not to complain or report. I would want to know what the law says. If there exists a template its better to be in cognizance of the same.

Thanks
    vignesh

Hi Raju,

I had got a call from Mumbai. My application was submitted to Immigration New Delhi Branch I suppose.

I did not appear in person.

Thanks
    vignesh

INZ's obligation and what they are to investigate is outlined in the INZ Operational Manual. The sections that particularly concern you are this one http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30880.htm, and then the next (see the arrows to click at the top of the page there).